Sponsored by:

FS: 997.1 C2S V-F Super charger, CG Loud Mufflers & NHP 200 cell cats

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
I think supercharger craze is pretty much over for those cars, those who wanted them got them, some blew up their motors, some are fine, but overall it is no longer hot item.
I still hope may be some tuner will come up with an adapter to use 997.2 engine ECU in the 997.1 car - I would gladly replaced my motor with one from GTS car, that would be a good upgrade, as of supercharger - not sure. A lot of work to get it running and then on track it is kinda a Russian roulette to see if motor will survive or not at redline.
But I know several people who still run supercharged cars and they feel fine, so, good luck with sale.
I really dont want to get into a discussion about the reliability of this system. I had a lengthy one over on the 996 thread and it didnt go well, but I will say what I did on the 996 thread.

From Nik Saran over at VF, " We tune based upon dynamic sensor feedback while testing vehicles and staying within certain tolerances, the primary ones being EGT and ignition correction. We have been supercharging 911s since 2002 and cover models from 1999 to 2008. During that range we have not seen any reasons not common issues/traits with reliability."

In the better part of the decade they have been selling the system (over 700 kits sold world wide) they havent had any reported failures. On paper it might not look great, but those numbers speak for themselves. When I considered keeping the system on my car I did extensive research on several big Porsche boards and only found 2 failures with this system, neither of which, could be directly faulted to the SC (one was IMS and the other was faulty cats).

Quick Reply: FS: 997.1 C2S V-F Super charger, CG Loud Mufflers & NHP 200 cell cats