Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Wheels look good Gonz, I wouldn't change a thing
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 AM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks and agreed. The only other mods planned are TPC's turbo kit and I'm going to look at later this year an upgrade to the brakes.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
E in Phila
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dukec4s
No confusion here Phil...it's a matter of interpretation...

" Despite popular misunderstanding the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the first amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression. It does not afford members of the media any special rights or privileges not afforded to citizens in general."
No, it's not a matter of interpretation. None of that applies to a privately owned website. The moderators of this forum are not the government. They could censor anyone who does not like the color blue if they wanted to, and neither freedom of speech nor freedom of the press would have anything to do with it.

The owners of the forum have freedom of expression on THEIR site. If you don't like it, you are free to start your own site and express your opinions to your heart's content.

It is a common mistake to invoke freedom of speech on privately owned forums, when no such protection applies.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

I thought forums were open for opinion, positive or negative. Last time I checked, free speech is open to all in a free society.
No confusion here Phil...it's a matter of interpretation...

" Despite popular misunderstanding the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the first amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression. It does not afford members of the media any special rights or privileges not afforded to citizens in general."

Give me a break.

First of all, I am not a citizen of the United States of America and do not know the Constitution of your Republic by heart.

Second, it's a totally erroneous belief that you are entitled to unbridled "free speech" in a private forum.

This is a privately owned on-line Porsche community and we have our own terms of service, rules and guidelines. The same ones that you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Calling names and being disrespectful was probably based on a misjudgment (or perhaps lack of knowledge) of the above rules.
Now that you know, please try to behave accordingly.

Best regards,
Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by gonz911
Thanks and agreed. The only other mods planned are TPC's turbo kit and I'm going to look at later this year an upgrade to the brakes.
Gonz, seriously good looking wheels. When you want to do a brake upgrade pm me and I will tell you what worked for me keeping it all Porsche parts with out having to change out the uprights. You'll then have the same brakes the Rolex Grand Am Conti series Championship winning BGB Porsche has. These work great on the track obviously.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

WOW!.... just went back and read some of these posts by Duke...and ya'll thought I was a hater of 20" dubs! Geesh.....

Duke...think of rennlist like a country club you joined. There isn't exactly freedom of speech. Sure you can say whatever you like about Gonz's 20's and you won't go to jail...but...you can be kicked out the Rennlist Country Club. If that's confusing go back and read the terms box you checked when you joined as that is pretty clear.

Rennlist is made up of many various types of people from many country's. Some like to track their Porsche like I do, some like to autoX, some race, some are happy with weekend country drives, some like wash and shine cars and coffee shows. However that is what makes this all great...we all like Porsche and sports cars in general and all really have a lot in common.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Duke...think of rennlist like a country club you joined. There isn't exactly freedom of speech.
Excellent example.

Just like a country club, if you become irritating we may ask you to go sit in the corner for a while.

You made your point, over and over and over...... let it go, we get it.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM
gonz911
Pro

Mike - thanks. I retained my 18" wheels for light tracking with PCA and drivers' training events, and auto-crossing. I will need to be mindful when I upgrade my brakes to keep the 18" in mind. I was spoiled with my E46 M3 as I was running monobloc Brembo 6POT 380mm (f), and 4POT 345mm (r), but it did present a fitment issues with some wheels, particularly OEM. I'm not thinking of going that route, but I did see where I can upgrade the rotors. Last time with the "M" I had cross-drilled, next I'll get slot or a combo of both. I will for sure contact you for advice. I would love to keep the braking setup all Porsche.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Gonz, seriously good looking wheels. When you want to do a brake upgrade pm me and I will tell you what worked for me keeping it all Porsche parts with out having to change out the uprights. You'll then have the same brakes the Rolex Grand Am Conti series Championship winning BGB Porsche has. These work great on the track obviously.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

I like the silver/black contrast. I'm about ready to switch to a smoked silver set from Forgeline.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 AM
gonz911
Pro

Seriously, after the gray metallic on there it's very refreshing to have the contrast. I did an autoX event this summer with my OEM 18" and the contrast became very appealingly, hence I'm digging my current setup and their contrast so agreed 100%
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 PM
gonz911
Pro

A few gratuitous pictures - love the stance

Quick Reply: Vossen CV3 Concave 5 Spokes - Installed - Pics