Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vossen CV3 Concave 5 Spokes - Installed - Pics

Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM
lowcoaster
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they look amazing, great choice.

Did you make any changes to the suspension?
Any extra steps needed to set the car up with 20s rather than 19s?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:52 PM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukec4s
Really? I'm sure TireRack personally visited their facility and approved their antiquated equipment...LOL!

If memory serves me, you were drooling over your RUF knockoffs too. You seem to always make the most superb, perfect decisions! You go girl!
What is your PROBLEM little fella? What do my Ruf reps have to do with where my current wheels were installed? Just because you wouldn't have your truck serviced there doesn't mean squat to me - I couldn't care less. The fact is, as I said before, they did a good job. The balance at speed is perfect and there was no damage to my wheels or tires. Seems to me like you're the one that's a little b*itch.

Originally Posted by lowcoaster
they look amazing, great choice.

Did you make any changes to the suspension?
Any extra steps needed to set the car up with 20s rather than 19s?
Thanks. I have H&R coil overs and lowered it a bit. Otherwise, the TPMS system needs a reset from Porsche. Before running them I checked and the service tech said I'd likely need to bring it in to have that done.

Last edited by gonz911; 01-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Dukec4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure all is perfect in your little world. I'm confident your next set of wheels ( and we all know there will be another and another) will be superb as well! LOL! You go girl!
Originally Posted by gonz911
What is your PROBLEM little fella? What do my Ruf reps have to do with where my current wheels were installed? Just because you wouldn't have your truck serviced there doesn't mean squat to me - I couldn't care less. The fact is, as I said before, they did a good job. The balance at speed is perfect and there was no damage to my wheels or tires. Seems to me like you're the one that's a little b*itch.

Thanks. I have H&R coil overs and lowered it a bit. Otherwise, the TPMS system needs a reset from Porsche. Before running them I checked and the service tech said I'd likely need to bring it in to have that done.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM
gonz911
Pro

They're monobloc and assuming cast (?), not forged though

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Cast or forged?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
gonz911
Pro

You're seemingly having a crisis or some anger problem, whatever that is; nonetheless, you've been reported.

I'm sure all is perfect in your little world. I'm confident your next set of wheels ( and we all know there will be another and another) will be superb as well! LOL! You go girl!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
boraiv333
Instructor

Wherever or whatever prompted the hate....just wanted to say I LOVE THE LOOKS!!!

Good for you on going with what YOU like for YOUR car. The Porsche committee seems elitist and very uptight......as expected.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM
gonz911
Pro

Thank you.

I can and do respect those who feel 20" and even 19" are not right for the car, or any other mod as with LEDs on the 997.1 (which I have), however, it's the nasty or really negative stuff that makes me wonder what's wrong with some people. In any case, the majority of responses have been positive, and no worries on the rest, minus the poor commentary.

To the wheels, the pictures do them no justice. I used to wonder if 20" would look too big, but I think it's perhaps the stepped inner barrel and outer depth to the lip that takes away from that, not sure, but I really like them.

The hate from above has to do with the installer, Sears. Funny, Tire Rack recommended them and Firestone and their machine couldn't handle it. Sears did a really great job!

Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 AM
lowcoaster
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the 20s fit really well.

I would do this, but then I'd never be able to get out of my driveway! I scrape allready and I'm on 19s with stock suspension (there is a good four fingers between the tire and the wheel well)

How do you find the ride? Is the suspension really stiff/harsh on city roads? Do you notice any differences in handling characteristics? Have you burried it into any turns yet, and if so how did it corner?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
gonz911
Pro

Thanks. The suspension includes H&R coil overs and for the most part the handling is the same, however, you do feel the road more with the 20" inch setup. I haven't really pushed it yet and hope to take it on a canyon run this weekend.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Dukec4s
Rennlist Member

Sadly..they still look cartoonish ...but if you like em...lol!!

Originally Posted by gonz911
Thanks. The suspension includes H&R coil overs and for the most part the handling is the same, however, you do feel the road more with the 20" inch setup. I haven't really pushed it yet and hope to take it on a canyon run this weekend.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Duke, play nice.

If you don't like the wheels' look or quality don't look or buy them, if you don't like the shop don't visit it and if you don't care for this thread do skip it.
Whatever you do, please moderate your language and the "cute" innuendos.

Thanks,
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
gonz911
Pro

Thanks John.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Dukec4s
Rennlist Member

I thought forums were open for opinion, positive or negative. Last time I checked, free speech is open to all in a free society.
Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Duke, play nice.

If you don't like the wheels' look or quality don't look or buy them, if you don't like the shop don't visit it and if you don't care for this thread do skip it.
Whatever you do, please moderate your language and the "cute" innuendos.

Thanks,
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 PM
E in Phila
Advanced

Last time I checked, free speech is open to all in a free society.
Check again. You are confused as to when and where your Constitutional protections apply.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Dukec4s
Rennlist Member

No confusion here Phil...it's a matter of interpretation...

" Despite popular misunderstanding the right to freedom of the press guaranteed by the first amendment is not very different from the right to freedom of speech. It allows an individual to express themselves through publication and dissemination. It is part of the constitutional protection of freedom of expression. It does not afford members of the media any special rights or privileges not afforded to citizens in general."

Originally Posted by E in Phila
Check again. You are confused as to when and where your Constitutional protections apply.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vossen CV3 Concave 5 Spokes - Installed - Pics