Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discoverde the most amazing aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013 | 03:25 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Default Discoverde the most amazing aftermarket exhaust

After listening to the stock 997 Turbo exhaust I was left a little flat, not the most exciting sound, in fact quite muffled when compared to the Porsche Sport exhaust found on the new 991, which sounds terrific and I like that you can choose normal or Sport depending on your mood.
I guess the Turbo exhaust is muted due to the turbos being present.
Well I found an exhaust both for the Turbo and 991 that is adjustable and sounds amazing. They even have an exhaust for the 991 that makes your Porsche sound like an F1 car, the high pitched sound.
They are from a company called Innotech or IPE.
They are probably really expensive.
Here are some samples.
Old 01-04-2013 | 06:49 PM
hakaida702
Racer

I believe that most of the sound is due that the cars in the vids do not have cats in them. I've asked IPE and one of their resellers on a different forum to put out a vid with a full system with cats, but they haven't done one yet.
Old 01-05-2013 | 10:21 AM
Dadio
Instructor

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I believe that most of the sound is due that the cars in the vids do not have cats in them. I've asked IPE and one of their resellers on a different forum to put out a vid with a full system with cats, but they haven't done one yet.
That's a good point but, given the fact that this particular exhaust is really just a knock off of the PSE I would expect it to sound at least as good as the PSE, or Gundo hack for that matter, but with benefit of the on off switch and at lower cost than the PSE.
Have looked at it but my stock exhaust with 30 K miles is pretty load as it is. Would love to hear a comparison of stock mufflers with some miles on 'em head to head with all the after market versions.

Quick Reply: Discoverde the most amazing aftermarket exhaust