Sponsored by:

DME report question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
spittingcobra
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME report question

Friends, I looked at a car and got a DME report. The DME read quite a few faults with a lot of it being related to voltage supply leading to others, at least thats what the indy technician says. His theory is the car was jump started resulting in these. Anyone have a similar experience?

In addition, the DME report shows no readings for Overrevs in any range. The technician said that the reason Overrevs arent displayed is because there arent any otherwise it would appear on the report. The report itself was generated by autologic diagnostics.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure about the jump start explanation, but the over-rev report is probably exactly what it says, no over-revs. Mine was the same way, indicating a car that was "babied" as the Porsche tech described the previous owner's driving habits.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Armed only with the info you provided, the techs answers to both issues are plausible.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM
spittingcobra
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot guys for the immediate responses. The car also had a RMS seal changed and engine cleaned sometime ago. There was also an emissions failure which was subsequently passed. Are these areas to be concerned about?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM
BED997
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Year, miles, condition, service paperwork records? These will give you a glimpse on how the car was maintained and driven along with a thorough PPI.

How does it drive compared to other cars you have looked at?

Reset the codes, take it for a drive and check it again with another DME report to be sure there aren't more problems with the voltage. Ask the indy if he would check as a courtesy just to be sure.

Quick Reply: DME report question