Sponsored by:

997.2 PCM missing iPhone music files with IOS 6 and iPod 4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Bdal451
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 PCM missing iPhone music files with IOS 6 and iPod 4S

I've been searching previous posts without much luck on this topic.
I just pick up my 997. 2C4S that has the universal audio interface.
My IPhone pairs easy however when using the round pin connector the dealer provided to connect my iPhone I can only see a small number of my music files...and on some playlists nothing at all. I have a buddy who has the previous version of the IOS on his iPhone 4 and we could see all his music.

Does anyone know what corrects this problem with my iPhone 4S with IOS 6?

Btw looks like I need a different cable or adapter so my phone will charge when plugged in.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Gruson
Instructor

I have the same issue in my Jeep.

We may be out of luck. The new iphone uses the lightning adapter that transfers through the interface via a digital connection instead of an analog one like the iPhone 4 and 4s, etc.

Like you, I can only see a couple of tracks and no playlists because of this. Apparently the interface is looking for the analog connection which is causing the issue.

Let me know if you figure it out because I cannot.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check with the delaer and see if there is a software update available for your PCM. It could possibly assist in resolving the issue.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdal451
I just pick up my 997. 2C4S that has the universal audio interface. ... I can only see a small number of my music files...and on some playlists nothing at all. Does anyone know what corrects this problem with my iPhone 4S with IOS 6?
Same thing here and the solution is to copy your music to a thumb drive and plug into the USB port. Works great and plays folders in the order recorded instead of alphabetically. I don't use iTunes playlists so can't help with that.

Btw looks like I need a different cable or adapter so my phone will charge when plugged in.
My dealer gave me the new cable which charges my iP5 but it's a lousy fit in the console and you have to unplug in order the access apps and/or just use the phone. A thumb drive solves all problems (except playlists). dave
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Bdal451
Intermediate

Thanks ill talk to dealer on Monday
I'm lovin this car..except for this issue
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 PM
desmoh
Rennlist Member

Good issue to talk about. I copy my itunes music library to a thumb drive. It plays a big portion of the files and some are not playable. I double checked and they were copied but for some bizarre reason, it does not play them. Be careful inserting the drive...it goes upside down. Don't damage the port.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:04 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by desmoh
Good issue to talk about. I copy my itunes music library to a thumb drive. It plays a big portion of the files and some are not playable. I double checked and they were copied but for some bizarre reason, it does not play them. Be careful inserting the drive...it goes upside down. Don't damage the port.
There's a limit to how many songs can be in a single folder. Could that be your problem? dave
Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Bdal451
Intermediate

I don't think the number of songs in. Folder I the problem cause my buddy who hs a iPhone 4 with IOS 5 cn see all his songs

Good idea though
I think it's an issue with IOS 6 and the PCM
I'll stop,by dealer and see what he says ....stand by
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

I don't think the number of songs in. Folder I the problem cause my buddy who hs a iPhone 4 with IOS 5 cn see all his songs
USB's are limited to 1,000 tracks per folder. Did you transfer your iTunes files to the USB as a single top level folder? dave
Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Bdal451
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dasams
USB's are limited to 1,000 tracks per folder. Did you transfer your iTunes files to the USB as a single top level folder? dave
At the dealer, he thinks my PCM software needs updating
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Some of the music files may be encoded in a way that the PCM does not support for playback. The PCM only supports a fixed set of codecs for audio files, if the files are not in the right formats, regardless of how they get feed to the PCM, they will not play.

Now if the iPhone is feeding the PCM directly via a left/right channel (so the iPhone is decoding and playing the song) then all should be good... so if its just a playlist issue, and the playlist is fine on the phone but not transferring over to the PCM display, then it may well be a PCM firmware bug.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:31 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Apple is working on iOS7 to replace the buggy 6.
Release date unknown.
iPhone 5 made everything before it obsolete so now everyone is scrambling to catch up.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

iPhone 5 is not that big an issue. I think people don't really know what the term 'obsolete' means (like they don't often know what 'literally' means)

The iDock solution was confused by Apple well before the iPhone5 when they dropped support for some pins and signals. With the lighting interface its more muddied, but in theory this could all be handled via the bluetooth protocol with the exception of the charging and power/sleep control. But it requires various parties from the consumer electronics and automotive industries to get together and agree on something that would have long term (10+) year support.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 AM
SBPORSCHE
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Just buy a ipod .... Old style "pre lightining" and sync all your music to it. There is an adapter that can be bought that chanes the pins to allow the porsche to keep the iPod charged up.

Quick Reply: 997.2 PCM missing iPhone music files with IOS 6 and iPod 4S