Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I made my first offer and we may have worked out a pending deal, thoughts????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:44 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I made my first offer and we may have worked out a pending deal, thoughts????????

I am curious what you all think, I offered $75K and they said they could not go that low, I let it go a few days so I am confident that is the case. I am dealing with the GM/Owner of the Dealership, he has been very candid with me the entire process. They just dropped the price, it was over $82K. We are right at $77,500 but that would include touching up the one/only tiny rock chip I found and adding clear bra on full front bumper, hood, and forward part of the front fenders, as well as mirros. The DME report was Outstanding, it was a 2 year lease and the owner did not drive it, it is as close to a brand new car as you can get for a 2010. The only options it does not have that I would want is PSE, but aftermarket can solve that from what I have read.

I know in the end it is my decision, I guess I am just making sure I am not over-paying. The CPO is good until 11/16 so I just about have a new car Warranty as well. I do not want my excitement to cause a poor decision, everything I have read tells me it is a fair deal. Thoughts??????

Options-
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
P77 - Leather Sport Seats
870 - Universal Audio Interface
XSX - Seat Belts - Guards Red
XFG - Instrument dials in Guards Red
640 - Sport Chrono Package Plus
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
686 - XM Radio
680 - Bose High End Sound Package
XDA - Wheels Painted Black
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
425 - Rear Window Wiper
342 - Heated Front Seats
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
220 - Lmtd Slip Rear Diffrntial Lock
XRP - 5mm Wheel Spacers
XLT - Sport Tailpipes
672 - Navigation Module for PCM

Below is the Car as well as the DME reading

Car Listing-
http://fatherssons2.reachlocal.net/u...4f5040469c.htm

DME-
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2012, 12:47 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Just to add is there anything missing besides Clear Bra that maybe I should try to get included in the deal? I thought about the Porsche Bag that fits in the frunk, maybe get that for cost?

Anything else while I am in negotiations?

Thank you all, this forum Rocks!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:00 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 278 Posts

I think they are getting closer to reality for the market in the NE going into winter.

- The closer you can get them to the NADA's clean trade-in price, the better
- If the price you are negotiating includes the clear bra, that's even better
- Ask them if the price is before or after dealer adders. I hate dealer adders and most dealers will work with you since none that I know of are required by law but they sure use words that make it seem that way. Dealer adders are ADP (Additional Dealer Profit). Not against them making a profit.
- CPO warranty included? Didn't see mention of it in their ad.

In a week or so the NADA prices will be updated. You're in a position of strength. End of month goals need to be met, End of year goals need to be met, rents due, cost of money due to unsold inventory, etc.

Nice looking ride. Like the White over black.

Good hunting!!! and please keep us posted.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:03 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
Just to add is there anything missing besides Clear Bra that maybe I should try to get included in the deal? I thought about the Porsche Bag that fits in the frunk, maybe get that for cost?

Anything else while I am in negotiations?

Thank you all, this forum Rocks!!!!!!!!!
Verify the warranty start date. Make sure you understand how much warranty Porsche North America, not the dealership salesman says you have left.

Ask them to throw in a full tank of premium gas and a tube of white touchup paint.

Double check that ALL owners manuals etc are present (look at an ebaY ad to see what they come with).

Both keys!

Last edited by CAVU; 12-22-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

^What he said about the CPO. I don't know if you will get any sort of deal on it though. If it wasn't punched the car has two of years remaining PCNA warranty. CPO is probably better than an aftermarket extended warranty but the costs (to you) could end up being similar so it may be a wash. Just something to think about.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:21 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Marvin....I think you got a good price for what amounts to an almost new car! If it's me I don't start quibbling about this and that to get a few more hundred off....I think it's fair!

Plus she's a sweet looking 911! Good Luck!

Tom
Old 12-22-2012, 01:23 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

When I looked at the car view the www.porsche.com website, it states that it is CPO warranteed! That's good news. Recommend you make the CPO part of your conversation ("COP Warranty, etc) and then at purchase they will give you paperwork. Again, you should ask what Porsche North America shows as the first day under warranty.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:30 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

It comes with a CPO that is good until 11/17/16 so almost 4 years.

I agree $500-1000 is nothing when your buying something like this, to me what is more important is the Condition and that it is the Color/Options I like.

White is my # 1 color choice, I would not have picked Black Wheels, but I like them a lot. Eventually I will probably have Winter/Summer tires, I do not intend to drive it in the snow, this would just be for the different compound tire due to the extreme cold we get up here.

Thank you all, I am hoping to get a Nice Christmas Present for myself this year, looks like we might be able to work out the deal the next couple days.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous car man! LOVE the white. Exactly the car I want! Good luck with the process.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:51 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Do it! I'm sure you're close. If you lose it over 1-2k, you may be more pissed off than the joy you'll get. I'm a believer in fair and a good deal vs. negotiating to the death!

CPO is worth $2k+..

Time for a holiday cheer
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Marvin....I think you got a good price for what amounts to an almost new car! If it's me I don't start quibbling about this and that to get a few more hundred off....I think it's fair!

Plus she's a sweet looking 911! Good Luck!

Tom
Tom makes a great point. All things considered, you're in the money. During my hunt, I watched a very well priced car like yours go so fast that I was half way to the dealership when he called to say that it had been sold. When I came across mine and a very interested dealer, I didn't leave the car or sales floor until the deal was done and money on the table.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:07 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wheeler
Gorgeous car man! LOVE the white. Exactly the car I want! Good luck with the process.
Thank you
Old 12-22-2012, 02:08 PM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

If the car is the right color and has the right options, then DO IT.

The car looks great!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:09 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

until how many miles is the recommended break in period? that's lot of ignitions in range 1 for such a low millage car. It definitely got driven hard. A lot of people say that a hard break in is beneficial for the engine life. Porsche recommends different. You can use that to negotiate.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:12 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
Do it! I'm sure you're close. If you lose it over 1-2k, you may be more pissed off than the joy you'll get. I'm a believer in fair and a good deal vs. negotiating to the death!

CPO is worth $2k+..

Time for a holiday cheer
I agree, I fully understand both sides, the dealer has to make a profit and I want a deal I am happy with, I think we are at that point.

I will keep you all Updated.

I found out the Oil was changed in April at 2200 miles, they changed the brake fluid, cleaned the cowl drains, cleaned fresh air intake and air filter, that is all that was due. Also performed an Open Campaign, not really sure what that is?

Quick Reply: I made my first offer and we may have worked out a pending deal, thoughts????????