Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 for Zunsport grills
Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 AM
j_leder
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Definitely Zunsport grills Great to work with quick shipping easy to self install
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 PM
JVOJVO
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, did you end up doing the center portion of the bumper too? If so can you share some details. I sort of think it would complete the look, as opposed to just doing the 2 side openings.... IMHO .
Old 09-04-2013, 03:51 PM
ufischer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Zunsport grills for the 997.2 only install in front of the louvers which completely change the look of the car (for the worse). It looks like the ones for 997.1 installed behind the louvers. Anyone know if the 997.1 grilles fit a 997.2?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Atlas_Shrugged
AutoX

Originally Posted by j_leder
Definitely Zunsport grills Great to work with quick shipping easy to self install

Any chance you can post a head on, front end picture of these? I checked their website and want to see them on a silver car, like mine, before I order them.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

I'd like to see some type of grille that can be installed & removed from the front without having to remove the bumper.
The grilles will eliminated the leaves and cigarette butts yes, but I still go in there and the end of the year with a shop wac and hose the clear out the gravel.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:23 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by PasPar2
hi, long shot but did you ever scan that template in to a pdf?
Good idea and too bad I didn't do it.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:25 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JVOJVO
Dave, did you end up doing the center portion of the bumper too?
No, I didn't do the center section since I don't have a center radiator. And it looks fine to me but YMMV. Dave
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
No, I didn't do the center section since I don't have a center radiator. And it looks fine to me but YMMV. Dave
Any chance that you can share a pic of the front end? I'm ordering the screens and I'm unsure if I want the center grill...TIA!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:34 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

David, try these...

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.562x421.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.565x376.jpg

Nover mind, I see you wanted pics w/o the center grill. Personally, I like having the continuity of having all inlets covered. Also keeps debris out that can find its way to your radiators that may be difficult to clean out with the grills in place. Just a thought...
Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by david
Any chance that you can share a pic of the front end?
Sure, here you go. As you can see, I have my plate mounted on the tow hook which sort of 'hides' the fact that there's no mesh. Still, even without the tow hook mount, I wouldn't bother covering the center section. Also note that a significant amount of air enters the center and is redirected to the outer radiators. No point in adding in more resistance to flow.

BTW, I'm also in MV so we are neighbors (and there's one other who drives a Cayman). dave
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fbfisher
David, try these...

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.562x421.jpg

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.565x376.jpg

Nover mind, I see you wanted pics w/o the center grill. Personally, I like having the continuity of having all inlets covered. Also keeps debris out that can find its way to your radiators that may be difficult to clean out with the grills in place. Just a thought...
Thanks Fred...I think that I'll start with the sides first and go from there.

Btw, parked next to a gorgeous brown GTS yesterday...I'm sure glad that I didn't see your beauty before locating my soon-to-be C4S or I'd be eating beans and tortillas for a while.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by dasams
Sure, here you go. As you can see, I have my plate mounted on the tow hook which sort of 'hides' the fact that there's no mesh. Still, even without the tow hook mount, I wouldn't bother covering the center section. Also note that a significant amount of air enters the center and is redirected to the outer radiators. No point in adding in more resistance to flow.

BTW, I'm also in MV so we are neighbors (and there's one other who drives a Cayman). dave
Thanks Dave!

I'm going to start with just the side grills but I need to purchase a solution for install as I have two left thumbs and I'm picking my C4S up in Virginia and driving home (the long way!) and want the protectors installed prior to driving home. Fwiw, I prefer a behind the slat solution...

I'll be in MV for just another couple weeks (lived here 5 years...in Marin for 20+...I'm out on Bigelow just off of W. Blithedale) but now an emptynester and moving to a house on Inverness Ridge. I'd love to get together when things settle down and I bring the C4S home...that should be around 10/23 unless I get lost in the Rockies...thanks again!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:00 PM
uffrank
Intermediate

Thanks Dave,

I completed the screen install today via the DIY route. Done in a snap took about 40 minutes and for $43. I used the Small Diamond Mesh in Glass Black from Customcargrills.com and am thrilled with the results.

Frank
Old 09-21-2013, 12:07 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Is their another way to fasten the DIY grills other than zip ties? Is it that noticeable?

Quick Reply: First DIY: Mesh Radiator Protector