Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this 2010 C2S??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
AP997S
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
It does have CPO per the ad. Plus CPO is not a given or lack of it an an indication of an issue. It costs $$, so may not be added in all cases.
That GTS listing has errors. One being its listed as an 'Automatic' (PDK since its a 2011) but the images show a manual tranny (gearshift & clutch pedal). I suspect there are more questions surrounding that car.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AP997S
That GTS listing has errors. One being its listed as an 'Automatic' (PDK since its a 2011) but the images show a manual tranny (gearshift & clutch pedal). I suspect there are more questions surrounding that car.
I've seen mistakes like that all the time. When I found my car online it was listed as a regular carrera at the dealer and I looked at the pics and saw that it was a GTS.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 AM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Looks ike both cars do not have PASM sports plus option.

I really like white but that GTS is a steal if it all checks out.
Funny I am assuming the C2S comes with PASM because it has the buttons in the car so I am thinking it has PASM.

I agree the GTS is a great deal, but I am staying away from Black, I LOVE white.

I was all about getting a Cabrio, but if I go 911 I will more than likely go Coupe or Targa, to me if I go Cabrio ordering a 981 is the best option unless I find exactly what I am looking for in a 911 Cab.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MessyMarvin
Funny I am assuming the C2S comes with PASM because it has the buttons in the car so I am thinking it has PASM.

I agree the GTS is a great deal, but I am staying away from Black, I LOVE white.

I was all about getting a Cabrio, but if I go 911 I will more than likely go Coupe or Targa, to me if I go Cabrio ordering a 981 is the best option unless I find exactly what I am looking for in a 911 Cab.
It took me over a year to find or the car to find me kinda....and I agree white is a beautiful colour in a 911.

You may want to place an add for the car of your dreams, never know what will turn up....

As far as the listed cars for sale: The "Sports Plus" button is missing from both vehicles, this is why I question no PASM ?

Its your hard earned so don't settle.

Good luck with your search
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

As said above. If the GTS checks out I'd go for it. You won't be looking back.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by Mumbles
It took me over a year to find or the car to find me kinda....and I agree white is a beautiful colour in a 911.

You may want to place an add for the car of your dreams, never know what will turn up....

As far as the listed cars for sale: The "Sports Plus" button is missing from both vehicles, this is why I question no PASM ?

Its your hard earned so don't settle.

Good luck with your search
Sports plus is only available for pdk cars. He's looking at manual transmission cars so there's only a sport button. Both cars have PASM. As Alan C said, if the car checks out he should go for it. That GTS is so much better than the C2S that he's looking at if both sold for their respective asking price. I'm guessing that you have a pdk car since you're not aware of the differences.

The GTS is a very special carrera and if you're looking for a great street 911 which is very capable on the track. I'm sure someone will snap it up in a week if it already hasn't been sold.

Last edited by hakaida702; 12-09-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Thank you all, I am looking forward to my search, no rush here as it is Winter in New England. I thought more about the GTS, being Black I am staying away. I was all set to order a 981-S, now I am leaning towards a 997.2.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Never rush into a Porsche purchase. You're in the driver's seat. Many dealers have many cars and fewer buyers. Never be tempted by a 'fire sale' because another fine car may be right around the corner.

Evaluate what it is you want from the car and then decide which options are important to you. For example, do you have to have manual vice PDK and then, do you want PSE, etc. ? The multitude of ways these things can be ordered complicates the process a bit because many cars were stripped when ordered (minimal options) while others were loaded to the top with them. Try to find the latter! They are there, but it takes work.

Having lived in the Boston area I know that the winters can still be good Porsche driving days, particularly when it is dry and the last snowfall has been able to melt off--so don't sell yourself short on having ample opportunities to test drive during the next few months. Keep in mind, though, that the sport tires that are stock are going to perform best in temps above 45ºF.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:54 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Never rush into a Porsche purchase. You're in the driver's seat. Many dealers have many cars and fewer buyers. Never be tempted by a 'fire sale' because another fine car may be right around the corner.

Evaluate what it is you want from the car and then decide which options are important to you. For example, do you have to have manual vice PDK and then, do you want PSE, etc. ? The multitude of ways these things can be ordered complicates the process a bit because many cars were stripped when ordered (minimal options) while others were loaded to the top with them. Try to find the latter! They are there, but it takes work.

Having lived in the Boston area I know that the winters can still be good Porsche driving days, particularly when it is dry and the last snowfall has been able to melt off--so don't sell yourself short on having ample opportunities to test drive during the next few months. Keep in mind, though, that the sport tires that are stock are going to perform best in temps above 45ºF.
Great points, this White one is almost exactly what I would order. White is my preference and I want Manual. I want Sport Seats and Different colored gauge's. I am not sure if I would have picked the Black wheels, but after seeing them I think they look great, the only thing I would have added would have been PSE, but at least I can add that.

We will see, I will continue to look.

Thank you
Old 12-09-2012, 11:39 PM
hakaida702
Racer

I don't think adding PSE is easy. I've seen pics of people adding it and they had to take apart their interior.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Adding PSE is fairly easy. A little pricy after the fact, but doable, nonetheless. If everything else is desirable, lacking PSE is not a show-stopper. It can be added, unlike many other options.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Adding PSE is fairly easy. A little pricy after the fact, but doable, nonetheless. If everything else is desirable, lacking PSE is not a show-stopper. It can be added, unlike many other options.
Very easy.. Not DIY though.. For most that is.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Originally Posted by hakaida702
Sports plus is only available for pdk cars. He's looking at manual transmission cars so there's only a sport button. Both cars have PASM. As Alan C said, if the car checks out he should go for it. That GTS is so much better than the C2S that he's looking at if both sold for their respective asking price. I'm guessing that you have a pdk car since you're not aware of the differences.

The GTS is a very special carrera and if you're looking for a great street 911 which is very capable on the track. I'm sure someone will snap it up in a week if it already hasn't been sold.
Your right on hakaida, and yes I do have PDK.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I don't think adding PSE is easy. I've seen pics of people adding it and they had to take apart their interior.
Priced it for my car at the local Porsche dealer 4k + 13% tax. They mentioned that they have to remove a lot of the interior and quoted at 7-8 hrs labour.

I'm gonna pass on this one.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

997>981 everytime

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this 2010 C2S??????