Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the wrapper off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

I notice the clear bra much more on my silver car than I do on my black car, fwiw.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Tiptronic? Blasphemer!

I don't understand the plate question. This is the radiator upgrade kit that I heard about here on Rennlist; many from warmer States are installing it. You can purchase it from Suncoast Parts for about $250. The device in front of the radiator is a Laser Defuser.

You must be talking about a license plate. No....Tennessee doesn't require one.
sorry , the middle radiator means the car has tip or pdk, right? my bad, but they are out there...and i thought that bracket was for a front plate, which i would think was bad for cooling...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, my hood was half covered so I can see a line on the hood. The line is very difficult to notice but I can see it at the right angle and the right light. It could be a build up of wax but I polished the area so I may have to live with it. Zero color fade but my car was always stored in the garage.

Originally Posted by Papa Fittig
Never had one on any of my cars. Just wondering if the protection film affects the fading of the paint over the long run to the point that you can see which parts were and weren't covered with it?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

K-40 defuser.

Originally Posted by fskof
Clear bra's will yellow as it ages and they do start to look like crap on a car. I would replace it with the newer stuff like xpel. It will last longer, is polishable and is self healing. You want to keep that paint job in the perfect shape that is in.

Spokane5150, not to change the subject but what kind of Laser diffuser is that?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Not sure if an automatic comes with the third radiator or not. Agree, you'll probably lose some efficiency if putting the plate that low.

Originally Posted by kkswow12
sorry , the middle radiator means the car has tip or pdk, right? my bad, but they are out there...and i thought that bracket was for a front plate, which i would think was bad for cooling...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

My buddy has a white car and you cannot see the wrap. Any color (dark color) with depth would be more obvious.

Originally Posted by Domer911
I notice the clear bra much more on my silver car than I do on my black car, fwiw.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 AM
MonsterCoatings
5th Gear

"The paint underneath was perfect, no rock chips or other issues. To blend the rest of the paint with the areas that were covered I had to clay and polish the paint. Even still in certain light you can see a very slight different in color between the areas covered and uncovered. "

FYI Gentlemen Reason for the difference in the paint is the surface under the film was original factory finish elements have changed the surface profile of the non protected paint. Wet sand (1500-2000) and compound typically restores the surface finish to uniform. My kid has a cool super 400x microscope (It was about $40-) we connect to TV/Computer you can see the surface profile difference easily.

Older films had only two year warranty (four year life cycle) New films have 5 year warranty (10 year expected life) with garaging and waxing and basic care. I have an 2001 Jeep with film installed then (generation 2 film with 2 year warranty). Looks like it has age lines in it but under it its factory new. Only one chip (I went right over it).

Full panel wraps are best way to still be able to drive with nearly no worries of paint chips and having a nearly invisible protective layer. Really depends on whats important to you.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

I never liked the way these bras looked and I always think of whatever chips I have as character...they don't bother me a bit and I don't even notice them.

Cars look way better without them!

Tom
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

^ +1 The clear bra look terrible no matter how new or old it is. The only think I appreciate it that the bra protected my car for 4-years and preserved it. I just wished I would have taken it off years ago.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My clear bra is seemingly undetectable. Even at the dealer they didn't notice. It's one of the best investments you can do provided you want to sell the car. Last car I sold was 2001 M3 which had the full bra since new. I took it off and the car looked like new, needless to say I sold it in one day.

Maybe on other colors you can tell, or maybe it just looks better on silver. Also it may depend on the level of the installers professionalism.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by krysFly
My clear bra is seemingly undetectable. Even at the dealer they didn't notice. It's one of the best investments you can do provided you want to sell the car. Last car I sold was 2001 M3 which had the full bra since new. I took it off and the car looked like new, needless to say I sold it in one day.

Maybe on other colors you can tell, or maybe it just looks better on silver. Also it may depend on the level of the installers professionalism.
my bra is more evident on my silver car than on my black car, fwiw
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

My bra was just beat to hell and also had some wrinkles from install. It just looked bad so that's why I pulled it off. You are right Krys....the car was totally protected so I can appreciate that. Without it...it would have had some character most of which I wouldn't have liked. The only thing I believe you give up with a clear bra may be the depth or deep luster in darker color paints. Incidentally, the last cars-n-coffee I went to a couple photographers where shooting photo's as cars drove into the parking lot. They must have a more trained eye because they both noticed our bra's as they walked up. My buddy had a new bra and mine was 4 years old.

Quick Reply: Took the wrapper off.