Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rob's Birthday gift arrived today..... :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
Yes, just moving to your side of town

Funny story about those funny little cars we all love to drive.... I think I was destined to own Porsches. For my Junior Prom I was SUPPOSED to be driven in my date's brother's 914, and at the last second the brother had second thoughts and I went to the prom in a Nova. For my Senior prom I was supposed to go to the prom in my date's uncle's 928. In the days before the prom his uncle got a new Chrysler LeBaron with real corinthian leather and whoa!!! we got to take the new car! I was disappointed. The summer I turned 19 my brother got a '75 914 and FINALLY I got my first taste of the Porsche bug, and that bug scared the poop outta me. Still, I always thought they were 'cute' so when Robert sold my engagement present (a Corvette) for a Porsche, I balked.... until we went for a drive to the top of Mount Baldy (So. Cal.) It was INSTANT LOVE!!!! I could not get enough of them and went on a learning spree. Fast forward 25 years later, and here I am, always learning and looking forward to even more Porsche lovin'
what? honestly?
so folks just come into your home as perspective buyers and walk off with your toys???

and people called ME classy.........

that's just sad.......

Quick Reply: Rob's Birthday gift arrived today..... :)