Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

“PSM Failure” after battery disconnect..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 10:13 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
I had the same thing after a dead battery. Both heated seats and orientation led light not working.
The ONLY thing that will fix this is for the dealer to do the "handover" procedure with the PIWIS.

Duarametric can not do this. Yet. Or ever. Probably.
That might be 997.1 problem - I just did a new battery yesterday and seat heat seem to be working - lights come on and steering wheel heat message - didn't give them time to warm up though, but I will later.

I did have to reset the windows and drive around to get the PSM message to go away and the instructions I found on rennlist also said to turn the steering wheel full left, then full right - didn't say why, but I did it just the same.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:35 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
That might be 997.1 problem - I just did a new battery yesterday and seat heat seem to be working - lights come on and steering wheel heat message - didn't give them time to warm up though, but I will later.

I did have to reset the windows and drive around to get the PSM message to go away and the instructions I found on rennlist also said to turn the steering wheel full left, then full right - didn't say why, but I did it just the same.
On battery re-connect, the PSM message will go away if you just turn the steering wheel - don't even have to drive it.

Quick Reply: “PSM Failure” after battery disconnect..