Nashville Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Nashville Porsche?

I've been shopping for a 2009 C4S (with a distraction here and there by a 2007 TT but I'm attempting to resist the urge) and I'm beginning to get serious about a vehicle that Nashville Porsche is prepping to sell.

Initial dialog with the sales guy is very positive and I was wondering if anyone has had any direct experience with either the sales or service sides of the dealership?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post on the 993 board. Make the subject line "Rennfax help in Nashville." Rennfax is their slang for members helping members that are buying long distance. There are a couple good guys in Nashville that are active on the 993 board that you can trust. Typically one of them will offer to go look at the car in person and report back to you.

Even if it's CPO'ed do your homework. Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 AM
LewisB
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So many great used cars in CA! Look at all the So Cal dealerships first.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM
oh58driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've taken my 997 to the Nashville dealership 3 times. Each time they damaged my car in some minor way. Once scoffed the clear bra, which I noticed when I picked it up. The service manager just said they would fix it next time I came in. I did the repair myself. Two other times, minor cuts to the leather interior. I didn’t notice any of these until I was home so of course I cannot prove to them they did it, but I’m done with them.

If you want someone to check out the car call Wicky at Renntag Moterwerks 615-226-4928. He is highly respected in the community and is a stand up guy.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Post on the 993 board. Make the subject line "Rennfax help in Nashville." Rennfax is their slang for members helping members that are buying long distance. There are a couple good guys in Nashville that are active on the 993 board that you can trust. Typically one of them will offer to go look at the car in person and report back to you.

Even if it's CPO'ed do your homework. Keep us posted and good luck.
Done...thanks Mark!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LewisB
So many great used cars in CA! Look at all the So Cal dealerships first.
I've not had much luck in SoCal and I've been comprehensively searching throughout the country. I will be looking at one vehicle down south however it is very much over-priced and it is unlikely that I'll be successful negotiating a reasonable deal.

Anyway, a road trip from TN to NorCal in a C4S sounds incredible to me, don't you think?!?!?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by david
I've not had much luck in SoCal and I've been comprehensively searching throughout the country. I will be looking at one vehicle down south however it is very much over-priced and it is unlikely that I'll be successful negotiating a reasonable deal.

Anyway, a road trip from TN to NorCal in a C4S sounds incredible to me, don't you think?!?!?
Wish it was me!!!

Tom
Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by oh58driver
I've taken my 997 to the Nashville dealership 3 times. Each time they damaged my car in some minor way. Once scoffed the clear bra, which I noticed when I picked it up. The service manager just said they would fix it next time I came in. I did the repair myself. Two other times, minor cuts to the leather interior. I didn’t notice any of these until I was home so of course I cannot prove to them they did it, but I’m done with them.

If you want someone to check out the car call Wicky at Renntag Moterwerks 615-226-4928. He is highly respected in the community and is a stand up guy.
Ugh, sloppy work is never a good sign..sorry to hear about your misfortune!

Thanks for the PPI lead! (BTW, is his name actually Wicky or Ricky?)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

what's "reasonable"? I have one available with under 3000 miles.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Wish it was me!!!

Tom
If one more person posts a pic of their blue 997, I'll never make a decision to forgo duplicating one of those in my garage...jeez, that is such a beautiful color and it does not exist on the used market!

Absolutely stunning car, Tommy!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See I told you! 3 hours after posting the 993 boys are making plans to go check out your car. Is this a great place or what?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=46294
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM
LewisB
Instructor

That road trip sounds GREAT! I'm thinking of it in my car as my folks live in TN.

I bought my first Porsche from that delaership in Nashville 8-10 yrs ago. Seems the salespersons name was Jeff or Jeffrey. I liked him. They seemed reasonable.

Check out Walter's Porsche in Riverside. A local dealership told me they are so hi volume at Riverside that they can make deals in CA you won't get anywhere else.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
See I told you! 3 hours after posting the 993 boys are making plans to go check out your car. Is this a great place or what?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=46294
Yup, thanks Mark!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LewisB
That road trip sounds GREAT! I'm thinking of it in my car as my folks live in TN.

I bought my first Porsche from that delaership in Nashville 8-10 yrs ago. Seems the salespersons name was Jeff or Jeffrey. I liked him. They seemed reasonable.

Check out Walter's Porsche in Riverside. A local dealership told me they are so hi volume at Riverside that they can make deals in CA you won't get anywhere else.
I've been in touch with Walter's however they have yet to present what I'm looking for.

If the deal works out with Nashville and if I decide to not ship it, I'm unsure if my wife will be able to join me on the road trip and I would need to do it quickly: if you are available it may be good to have an experienced co-pilot...
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

I second Mark's advice on doing a "Rennfax". I have met many of the Nashville Rennlist crew in person, and they are great guys...

Nashville has some great roads as well! The Natchez Trace from Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS is a great road. ALL of my Porsches have driven on that road as a right of passage.... Good livin'.

Lastly, since the car is an '09 it will be under warranty. I'd recommend two things:

1) push hard for a CPO warranty that will cover the car for an additional 24 months and up to 100k miles. It is not identical to the factory warranty, but still covers a lot.

2) DME read-out. This will indicate how hard the car was driven. The dealer can provide this. Post the results on this board, and we can all weigh in...

Enjoy the search!

-B

Quick Reply: Nashville Porsche?