Sponsored by:

Clear-bra install in BC or WA? Where's the best place

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Clear-bra install in BC or WA? Where's the best place

For BC or WA drivers... where do you take your car for Clear Bra? I am looking for a good installer that doesn't charge too much. I got a quote of $600 just for the front fender (not including hood).

Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Big C
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I asked a similar question about six months ago. Metropolitan Detail, in Bellevue, were highly recommended on Rennlist but I was wondering if there was anyone doing top quality work north of the border.

I didn't get any recommendations regarding BC installers and I have been very happy with the work Metropolitan have done on my car. I imagine you can find installers who charge less but I doubt the quality will surpass Metropolitan.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Big C
I asked a similar question about six months ago. Metropolitan Detail, in Bellevue, were highly recommended on Rennlist but I was wondering if there was anyone doing top quality work north of the border.

I didn't get any recommendations regarding BC installers and I have been very happy with the work Metropolitan have done on my car. I imagine you can find installers who charge less but I doubt the quality will surpass Metropolitan.
Ok thanks. Do you remember how much they charged? Problem is I got clear bra now and its fantastic, but an idiot has bumped the bumper and nicked it, so I need to re-do it which sucks.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Big C
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the entire car wrapped so my best suggestion is give Benjamin a call, 425-233-6068.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 PM
TideRace
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I highly recommend Accutint in Seattle. They're on Airport Way which parallels I-5 in the area just south of the Stadiums. I had Xpel Ultra film (search for the YouTube demos) applied to the full front clip: full hood, bumper, fenders. Cost was $1,200. Unfortunately my engine failed a week later, but the film looked fantastic. I just picked up an '07 C2S and the Porsche dealer gets $2,900 for the same film job, and they also say Xpel is the best product available today.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM
frankv
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask nMotion in Vancouver. On Boundary nr the BMW dealer. I think they will most likely charge over 600 for an entire car .. but you never know. They do lots of high end cars it seems
Old 09-28-2012, 07:25 PM
BED997
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

Hate to hear your engine let go Tide. May I ask what happened?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

Absolutely positively Metropolitan Detail is the place to go. I know them very well. Their work ethic, passion and craft in clear bra install is second to none. They even wax the clear bra for free lifetime and you are provided with a Scion loaner. Only downside is that there always seem to be a Carrera GT or another monster of a car like a RS 4.0 or a vintage 911 that I drool all over and then I am answerable to John and Benjamin
Old 03-06-2015, 01:27 AM
swervindreamz
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about Victoria per sa but in Vancouver there is a Xpel factory trained installer tons of Porsches on the page Porsche Vancouver Clear Bra May be an excellent alternative to going down south.

Did you use Xpel Ultimate?

Originally Posted by Big C

Quick Reply: Clear-bra install in BC or WA? Where's the best place