FVD bypass with PSE

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:06 AM
heyhobingo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FVD bypass with PSE

hey all!

Just had the FVD rear muffler bypass system installed on my 997.1 GT3, really like the sound ( although could be louder )

But a question, the PSE now seems to make no difference to the sound, nothing noticeable at idle or full pelt! I understand that the valve is located upstream ( closer to the manifolds) and therefore should not be affected.... I'm right, aren't I?

I can't hear the valves opening when I have my door open, and it's not because the new bypass making too much noise either...

Any thoughts?
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the FVD bypass renders the PSE useless, but I'm not positive.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by heyhobingo
hey all!

Just had the FVD rear muffler bypass system installed on my 997.1 GT3, really like the sound ( although could be louder )

But a question, the PSE now seems to make no difference to the sound, nothing noticeable at idle or full pelt! I understand that the valve is located upstream ( closer to the manifolds) and therefore should not be affected.... I'm right, aren't I?

I can't hear the valves opening when I have my door open, and it's not because the new bypass making too much noise either...

Any thoughts?
Your PSE valves are part of the factory mufflers that you took off the car. In other words, your valves are no longer on the car and you no longer have PSE functionality. You are in full time loud mode now.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

FVD has a retrofit kits for value exhaust systems...
http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...st_System.html
Not sure if this would work for you but Rhonda at FVD is great to work with and knowledgeable if you want to discuss this with them...
http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/99...20Contact.html

BTW, post some pics of your p-car and exhaust system... would be nice to see a p-car from aboard.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

The valves are in the side mufflers, and if you have done the center muffler bypass then your valves are untouched. You just may not notice it because the difference between open and closed mode was already minimal, but the sound difference is even smaller with the bypass.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM
heyhobingo
Advanced

Guys, I'm an idiot!

Either I had not cleaner out my ears or I was too excited and never really checked properly. Now the car has a few days use, and a track day with 25 laps it's incredible!

I know some guys would swear by the SW bypass, and it was a consideration due to cost, but I went with FVD as I know of the quality, and I could not be happier. I won't try and describe the noise now, I will get some videos posted for you guys.

This may be just placebo, but I swear it's slightly quicker at lower revs, could be better exhaust flow with some weight reduction, I don't know.

Cheers
Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

I have their full exhaust system with 200 cell cats and ECU remap... besides the placebo acoustics it's now just a different car performance wise. Enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: FVD bypass with PSE