Sponsored by:

iPhone 5 Connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 05:17 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hakaida702
We have an iSheep in here. And if someone wanted the most advanced smartphone they would be using a top of the line android phone with jelly bean, not i5 with ios6.

Yes ... jelly bean has finally closed the glaring gap in operating systems.

I looked hard at the Galaxy III S ..... I just couldn't pull the trigger .... It's like buying a Corvette. Sure, it's fast, handles well, etc .... BUT ITS STILL A CORVETTE !

Your phone is ugly and has a plastic case
Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I do understand the gripes about Apple, but I find it funny that we are Porsche owners and are griping about the manufacturer controlling their product. In my mind, Apple is a novice when compared to Porsche in this area. Ever tried to add an aftermarket ANYTHING to your Porsche?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 PM
jsimon777
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Anybody try this?

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...tion.html#more
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PCC

I looked hard at the Galaxy III S ..... I just couldn't pull the trigger .... It's like buying a Corvette. Sure, it's fast, handles well, etc .... BUT ITS STILL A CORVETTE !

Apple has been behind for at least the past two years in features. Enjoy your hipster magical phone made from unicorn dust.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:31 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by PCC
We have an iSheep in here. And if someone wanted the most advanced smartphone they would be using a top of the line android phone with jelly bean, not i5 with ios6.

+1

They have been saying apple is behind since the beginning of time. As it has now become the worlds most valuable Company. I just bought my first iPhone 2 days ago. After years of bb and droid. So far I like it. It just works. Don't think I'm going back.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:43 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apple has been behind for at least the past two years in features. Enjoy your hipster magical phone made from unicorn dust.

Come on. Even you know that isn;t true ... and have fun waiting for your OS updates ... at least ALL apple phones receive updates at the same time (not the case with your OS).

Anyway .. the "hipster magical phone made from unicorn dust" is classic .. made me laugh .... enjoy your corvette
Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by PCC
Come on. Even you know that isn;t true ... and have fun waiting for your OS updates ... at least ALL apple phones receive updates at the same time (not the case with your OS).

Anyway .. the "hipster magical phone made from unicorn dust" is classic .. made me laugh .... enjoy your corvette
I've had jelly bean for months with the BAMF Paradigm ROM. I hope you don't get lost using apple maps and maybe next year iphones will get free tethering.

Here's your girlfriend standing in line to buy an iphone 5.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Keep feeding the Fandroid troll this is fun.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Whoa...this has turned into a mobile device thread. I gotta say iPhone's just work, I've had a 3GS until my 5 personally and used a BB and now Nexus II for work. While the screen real estate is better on the Nexus, not a fan of the OS. The worst part for me is typing with two thumbs in landscape, too much lag. Zero lag on an iPhone.

On the aftermarket adapter part, hopeful Monoprice will launch something. Otherwise I hope the adapter will work when released and not require some expensive Porsche part.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
On the aftermarket adapter part, hopeful Monoprice will launch something. Otherwise I hope the adapter will work when released and not require some expensive Porsche part.
I have the adapter on order... will post here results once it arrives. I don't have high hopes for it tough

I'm skeptical that porsche will bother to create a new cable. First, the newer cars support Bluetooth audio streaming, second, most cars just use the USB connection now. So they'd be creating a cable to simply support older cars, that already have a solution: Use an older device or use Aux in.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Has anybody tried the apple adapter cable with 997.2 and iPhone 5? I have and it works and sometimes does not play audio though tracks are listed in PCM. Anybody else have this problem?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Has anybody tried the apple adapter cable with 997.2 and iPhone 5? I have and it works and sometimes does not play audio though tracks are listed in PCM. Anybody else have this problem?
I just picked up my 997.2 and have been playing with my iP5. I tried all of the cables and have defaulted to this set-up. Bought a 16 GB thumb drive, loaded the music and plugged it into the USB port. First problem solved. Plugged a charger into the passenger outlet and attached the iP5. Second problem solved. Synced bluetooth to iP5. Final problem solved. Next question? dave
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Lurgee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dasams
I just picked up my 997.2 and have been playing with my iP5. I tried all of the cables and have defaulted to this set-up. Bought a 16 GB thumb drive, loaded the music and plugged it into the USB port. First problem solved. Plugged a charger into the passenger outlet and attached the iP5. Second problem solved. Synced bluetooth to iP5. Final problem solved. Next question? dave
I've done essentially the same thing. I tried the lightning adapter with the UAI and it crashes the PCM occasionally. USB thumb drive is the way to to go for music imo.

P.S. Love the interior of your car Dave. I would have preferred the two tone red for my 997.2, but my wife isn't a fan AT ALL (we had a BMW M Roadster with red interior in the past). Not to mention they are hard to find...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Scott997
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting, in my 997.2 C2S and MKII GT3 my iphone 5 works fine with the lightning adapter and charges. Only problem is it doesn't fit in the armrest anymore and you have to hang it out.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott997
Interesting, in my 997.2 C2S and MKII GT3 my iphone 5 works fine with the lightning adapter and charges. Only problem is it doesn't fit in the armrest anymore and you have to hang it out.
Odd...I'll have to try mine a few more times and check for a pattern. It has worked in mine for both charging and playing music. However most recently it didn't for playing music, tracklists and song titles were accessible but when selected would not play.

My alternative was using an older iPod Nano relegated to car use. But I was trying to have one device that is always up to date.

Quick Reply: iPhone 5 Connectivity