Sponsored by:

Washed, clay bar'd, polished and waxed car

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:55 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Over here in the UK Stalla Artois is commonly referred to as "wifebeater", mainly due to the type of people who drink it because it's cheap and strong. I had no idea it was so well regarded in the USA.

Obviously beer is an all-encompassing term but when it comes to 'Lager' Czech beer has to be held in the highest regard, after all they invented the stuff so they really know what they're doing. Staropramen is probably my favourite although Pilsner Urquell and Budvar are excellent as well. The Belgians make so many beers it's hard to choose a favourite, probably Chimay or De Koninck but you are unlikely to find those outside of Europe. The best mainstream Belgian beer would have to be Hoegaarden but if you ever get the chance, try some original Bush Beer, at 12% it is the strongest beer in Belgium, but you wouldn't know it to taste it. If you ever do find yourself in a bar in Belgium, whatever you do, don't ask for a Stella, that's like asking for a pint of Fosters in Australia!
We had quite a bit of the Urquell in prague, we both liked that a lot, once again i preferred the lighter version....Chimay is good, a little strong for me, i did try some Pirate not sure on the spelling) which i think was also Belgium but it gave me a buzz after two small bottles...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
DYKWIA
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as well you didn't try any of the Bush beer, at 12% I think it might technically be a wine. Very dangerous!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 AM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Making me feel bad, I have not clayed and waxed my car this year.

Quick Reply: Washed, clay bar'd, polished and waxed car