Sponsored by:

Close call: narrowly missed a head on at 70mph

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 AM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TxBob74
I have never favored DRLs. In my view, it's just another nanny state invention, this time a Canadian import. Plus, if other drivers can't see a SY Aerokitted GTS, a few lights won't make a difference. I'm just trying not to incite other drivers into irresponsible behavior.
I don't think we should be forced to use DRLs, but I've found them to be valuable safety feature. My previous car was a Guards Red 997.1 Targa. I would regularly encounter SUV / truck drivers who would literally try to drive over the front of my car. You could see them behind the wheel, just blankly staring ahead, completely oblivious to the concept of looking *down* to spot a car. One time it was a bloody Chicago Tribune truck that tried to drive over me, and that was 10am on a bright sunny day. After a while I activated DRLs through the PCM, and the problem mostly went away.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
JH, that did it... thanks! You just saved me from buying another tool I really use. BTW, I still remember your nice gesture last year - the free battery. LMK how I can repay you back someday.

VG, thanks and I don't recall if your blue Carrera has SC but you may want to try this out as well if you want to turn your DRL off.

BTW, I ran my Durametric tool to see if I might have over rev'd her during this incident as I had down shifted from 6th to 2nd. Good news... no over revs... it still shows the original 78 hits in band two from before I had purchased the car. Everything looks good and I treated her to an oil change yesterday. Life is good... enjoy the ride brothers.
Great info and thank you, unfortunately my C2 does not have SC ..it's fine I can live with it, just thought it be nice to be able to turn them off
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vg247, I'm too lazy to re-read this thread (someone may have already posted this), but I have an 05, no Sport Chrono and consequently cannot turn off DRL myself. The dealer did it for me, no charge. I assume a Durametric could accomplish this, but just my experience.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by McCulla
vg247, I'm too lazy to re-read this thread (someone may have already posted this), but I have an 05, no Sport Chrono and consequently cannot turn off DRL myself. The dealer did it for me, no charge. I assume a Durametric could accomplish this, but just my experience.
Fantastic McCulla- appreciate this info, will look into this with my next dealer visit.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by McCulla
Yes but only with the Professional tool per Owen at Durametric.

Quick Reply: Close call: narrowly missed a head on at 70mph