Sponsored by:

Unable to service Porsche Carrera customers outside of our market area

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
MMK110464
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pho King Fast
Dealer isn't going to deal with you unless they know you're serious. What kind of response were you expecting? It takes very little effort to send an e-mail to every advertised car you see on the internet. Dealer knows that's what most buyers do when they're on the hunt, and is rightfully unwilling to go out of their way, at least until they at least get a serious inquiry about the car.

Can't really expect them to personally address and try to make a deal out of each and every e-mail out they receive daily. Its an unrealistic waste of time and energy, similarly to how some people are ignored or not offered test drives at the dealership - the dealer can tell who their buyers are. That's their business.

OP, the response you received wasn't very pleasant, but are you looking to buy a car, or exchange courteous e-mails? Dealer certainly isn't interested in the latter - it makes them no money.
Originally Posted by Graygoose997
^
Exactly.
Let's face it, the national pastime for kids (and adults) is trolling the net.
Ebay and online ads and dealer sites allow playing make-believe with their dream cars.
The option to "inquire" is free and I can only guess how many inquiries are just people having fun, with certainly no intention or ability to buy the car.
When I was a kid, we'd amuse ourselves by filling out the map request cards that gas stations all offered, and waiting for the packets of free road maps that would show up in our mailboxes.

If you are interested in a car, take the time to show the dealer that you are for real.
As per a recommendation from one of the posters, I talked to my local dealer and he was more than happy to talk to the out of state Porsche dealer. I just receive a call from my local dealer telling me that the out of state dealer refused to even quote them the car.
As you can see, it has nothing to do with a face to face negotiation.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 AM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMK110464
As per a recommendation from one of the posters, I talked to my local dealer and he was more than happy to talk to the out of state Porsche dealer. I just receive a call from my local dealer telling me that the out of state dealer refused to even quote them the car.
Collusion
Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by MMK110464
Totally different situation. YOU (the potential buyer) didn't call them, another dealer did. If you had called, the outcome may have been different.

For a dealer-to-dealer trade, the dealers have to agree to swap vehicles. The one giving up the car is not making a sale, they are trading for something they hope they can sell more easily than the one they are letting go. That means the receiving dealer has to give up a car that they could easily sell as well. Then there is the cost of transportation for two or more vehicles. The buyer typically pays for that - why should the dealer?

I tried that with my Cayman R. I gave the local dealer a chance to trade for it and bring it here. They arranged a trade, but weren't willing to work with me on the price. I then e-mailed and called the selling dealer and bought the car for less than my dealer was willing to offer. The out-of-state dealer even shipped it here for free!

Quick Reply: Unable to service Porsche Carrera customers outside of our market area