Sponsored by:

Brake Light - Pedal Push to Lights On Time

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM
SLP
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brake Light - Pedal Push to Lights On Time

Ok so I have a strange question. I have both a cayenne and a 997.2.

On the cayenne, as soon as my foot even lightly touches the brake pedal, the brake lights illuminate.

On my 997.2, the other day in traffic i realized that i have to push the brake pedal down about a half inch to an inch before the lights go on. is this normal? i kind of feel that as soon as the brakes are touched the lights should go on?

i took it to the dealer, they said its normal. could anyone maybe let me know their thoughts of chk their own brakes if this is the case?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I noticed the same exact thing on my 2006 997.1 the other day.
I have the RotTec rear LED's and thought it may have something to do with that. Perhaps not.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SLP
Ok so I have a strange question. I have both a cayenne and a 997.2.

On the cayenne, as soon as my foot even lightly touches the brake pedal, the brake lights illuminate.

On my 997.2, the other day in traffic i realized that i have to push the brake pedal down about a half inch to an inch before the lights go on. is this normal? i kind of feel that as soon as the brakes are touched the lights should go on?

i took it to the dealer, they said its normal. could anyone maybe let me know their thoughts of chk their own brakes if this is the case?
Typical response from dealer when they don't know the answer - "its normal". Not a light touch for me nor a half inch push - my lights on the 08 go on quickly. You might have the dealer check the switch and the amount of pedal travel needed to engage.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:02 PM
SLP
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its very strange, ive never driven ANY car where youd have to push the pedal down more than a millimeter before the lights go on. this thing literally pushes down about half inch to inch...so if im on the highway n approaching a car and just tap on my brake super lightly as preperation to brake or little tap, the lights never illuminate

Quick Reply: Brake Light - Pedal Push to Lights On Time