Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire/Alignment advice for GTS in San Diego!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:41 AM
1990nein
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tire/Alignment advice for GTS in San Diego!

FRONTS - 28,000 miles on them stock RE050A (yeah, I don't believe it either!)
REARS - Replaced with same N1 at around 17-18k. They were replaced earlier this year, and with the stocks lasting 20k miles, I'm a little hesitant to change them out so soon.

I plan to change them out for Pilot Super Sports, unless someone can tell me where to get Star Specs because TireRack doesn't have them in GTS size.

My question:
-Do I change out out just the fronts for now?
-Do I keep/resell the rears? I'll have to look again to see how much tread, but they seem to have at least 1 track day or burn out fun left in them.
-Should I just replace all 4?

I'm leaning towards the latter, but if I can run 2 different sets without damaging the new fronts, I have no problem with doing that and just running the car on the street until I get the rears changed out.

Can someone give me local recommendation for a tire installer/alignment that are within close vicinity? I can travel as far as OC to get these done, but it must be done at 1 shop or 2 within close vicinity.
My local dealer has tire rack pledge prices, but I know they're going to try to rape me on alignment cost.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

wow - drive on, tall miles already!

love the handle, is it anything like sofa king fast?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:45 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

If you are in SoCal you have a few places you can go....GMG....and RSS you should look into.

Quick Reply: Tire/Alignment advice for GTS in San Diego!