Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best wax for a white car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:22 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,110 Posts

I use a synthetic sealer. Usually use a meguiars product. Nxt tech. Also zaino. I top with zymol carnauba. Of course clay and mild polish if needed.

The carnauba doesn't make much difference on white. My car is white. Adds a little depth.

Btw, meguiars nxt tech is not a cleaner wax. It's just a synthetic polymer. Goes on super easy and comes off same. Leaves finish like glass and holds up,well.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
I use a synthetic sealer. Usually use a meguiars product. Nxt tech. Also zaino. I top with zymol carnauba. Of course clay and mild polish if needed.

The carnauba doesn't make much difference on white. My car is white. Adds a little depth.

Btw, meguiars nxt tech is not a cleaner wax. It's just a synthetic polymer. Goes on super easy and comes off same. Leaves finish like glass and holds up,well.
NXT is super easy to use, smells nice and leaves a beautiful finish. Meguiars NXT isn't advertised as a cleaner wax but the solvents they use in their formula are enough to create cleaning properties. In fact I found this to be the case with many of the polymeric sealant products I tried including Zaino's Z5. Z2 and higher end carnauba paste waxes were the exceptions. My test was basically taking a sharpie and putting a line on the washing machine. (never told my wife ) NXT was able to remove the line with some minor effort. Another way to tell if a protectant has cleaning properties is to try it on a single stage paint. Again, NXT will remove a very slight amount of paint during application, at least that was what I observed on a single stage original paint 928 a few years ago.

It's not a bad product and the reality is that in some instances the cleaning properties can be a benefit and it does leave a finish which is nearly as deep as a high end carnauba. I might pick some up for my DD's since it works so well.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

If i first apply rejex or zaino and put a high end carnauba on top will it make the shine deeper? On white that is
Old 07-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I use Adams products and have a white Mercedes daily driver and it has a very deep gloss. If you don't own a buffer just clay bar (very easy) and put on a coat of this
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-a...e-car-wax.aspx

You will be pleasantly blown away. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need more information.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Ok now it gets confusing do we use synthetic wax or carnauba? So far synthetic has majority hence my question of using both carnauba over synthetic eg.rejex
Old 07-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Interesting experiment!

I've always noticed that most liquid waxes have some level of "solvent" type properties to them, but didn't consider that to be a "cleaner" in the rubbing compound sense of the word!. I definitely don't disagree that NXT has some chemical cleaners, but not abrasive cleaners that are typically associated with a true cleaner wax.

I actually picked up a bottle of their "Ultimate Liquid Wax" which is supposedly an even higher end synthetic polymer. I tried it last time I waxed the car and it does work well. Goes on and off easier than NXT and shines just as well, maybe better (hard to tell on white). Will try on the wife's red car next time I was it. I like the Meguiars products, easy to use, and easy to find, work well.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
NXT is super easy to use, smells nice and leaves a beautiful finish. Meguiars NXT isn't advertised as a cleaner wax but the solvents they use in their formula are enough to create cleaning properties. In fact I found this to be the case with many of the polymeric sealant products I tried including Zaino's Z5.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Ok now it gets confusing do we use synthetic wax or carnauba? So far synthetic has majority hence my question of using both carnauba over synthetic eg.rejex
For a car that is not 100% garage queen, use a synthetic. They last longer, protect better than pure carnauba. Pure carnauba will typically shine better, especially on blacks, reds, dark blues, etc.

You'll find many people simply do: wash, clay, cleaner/polish, synthetic polymer (let it cure for a day), then carnauba. Then wash weekly or whatever, use a spray detailer following, and carnauba every now and again to keep up the shine.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
You can use both. Put down a synthetic paint sealant first, then put carnauba on top of that to deepen the shine.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:44 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm....I'm thinking I should try jetseal 109 and my regular wax over it. I've never used a sealant before, but you guys are making me think that I should plus the heat and dust in vegas can be brutal.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Paint_Se...wac_118_16.htm
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Datura
Instructor

Location: Big Bend region of West Texas/Hill Country near Austin. Texas

Meguire's Gold Class™ Carnauba Plus Paste Wax

Swirl it on slowly by hand, then off when dry with soft cotton cloth, then microfibre.

Act like it is your favorite lover and you are applying her suntan lotion on a secluded beach near Kalbarri.

Pictured are white '06 Carrera S and Polar Silver '03 Turbo.

Cyberspace ate my pictures!!!

Last edited by Datura; 07-31-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: edumasticatibsvdr
Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Datura
Instructor

Location: Big Bend region of West Texas/Hill Country near Austin. Texas

Meguire's Gold Class™ Carnauba Plus Paste Wax

Swirl it on slowly by hand, then off when dry with soft cotton cloth, then microfibre.

Act like it is your favorite lover and you are applying her suntan lotion on a secluded beach near Kalbarri.

Pictured are white '06 Carrera S and Polar Silver '03 Turbo.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Best wax for a white car