Sponsored by:

Ex Porsche Driving School Cars FS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CORSASCHNELL
By law the manufacturer has to tell you they were used in driving schools.
Can you point us to a statute?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After going to PDS I would buy one in an instant. They are well maintained and warmed up before use.
The track is smooth so what is to wear out. New tires and brakes. They really are not driven that hard or for very many miles. You ease onto the track and are normally in one maybe two gears. I drive my car much harder on the street.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 AM
sampatrick
4th Gear

In the Car driving school we will teach us driving skills and knowledge to pass the roads and traffic authority examination in the first attempt. We follow the latest research and best practice to ensure that the most effective programs are offered to the general public. Thanks for this post..
Old 10-23-2012, 07:34 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would inspect it for cosmetic and mechanic wear, either with a naked eye or a scanning tool.

If the condition is good, and price is a steal, i would buy it as long as it still has a good amount of warranty. If you are really concerned, have it certified for an extended amount of warranty.

A used car will likely have just as much wear from someone that doesn't care.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
stltim1979
Rennlist Member

Default Are all PDS cars PDK?

I am looking at a 2010 C2S, in the Birmingham area. It had 3600 miles before first title. However, it is a manual. Does Porsche use anything but PDK in PDS?

Also, she has less than 13k miles and has a good chunk of the factory warranty, plus CPO meaning its covered till roughly 75k and or 2017.

I inquired with the rep on the use of the car prior to title, and his response was "I have the same data you do on that."

Tim

Originally Posted by djantlive
I would inspect it for cosmetic and mechanic wear, either with a naked eye or a scanning tool.

If the condition is good, and price is a steal, i would buy it as long as it still has a good amount of warranty. If you are really concerned, have it certified for an extended amount of warranty.

A used car will likely have just as much wear from someone that doesn't care.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by stltim1979
I am looking at a 2010 C2S, in the Birmingham area. It had 3600 miles before first title. However, it is a manual. Does Porsche use anything but PDK in PDS?

Also, she has less than 13k miles and has a good chunk of the factory warranty, plus CPO meaning its covered till roughly 75k and or 2017.

I inquired with the rep on the use of the car prior to title, and his response was "I have the same data you do on that."

Tim
Sounds like a great car... Make sure you get a PPI, pre-purchase-inspection, from a reputable Indy. The p-dealer will likely try to convince you otherwise as the car has warranty and CPO. Don't believe them.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:35 AM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Tim - yes, they do use manual cars. I was there in May for the PSDS and we drove both manuals and PDKs. The track is driven in 3rd gear once up to speed in the manual cars.

Kurt
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by X51
I wouldn't be dissuaded from buying one as their maintenance there is exceptional.

However, I would second the above recommendations about trying to score an additional year's warranty if you are interested in purchasing one.
My understanding when at the school, the maintenance was by the book, that included 15K mile oil changes. Suspect only change brake fluid more frequently. Personally, I would stay away from them as there is really significant money savings, and much harder resale.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM
stltim1979
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by luvair
My understanding when at the school, the maintenance was by the book, that included 15K mile oil changes. Suspect only change brake fluid more frequently. Personally, I would stay away from them as there is really significant money savings, and much harder resale.
How can you confirm if the vehicle was used at PDS? Will Porsche confirm if you supply the VIN? I am trying to get it out of the sales rep, but you know how sales guys are (no knock, I am on myself)
Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 AM
amable
1st Gear

Hi Friends.. I am Amable..
This thread is really very interesting for me about driving..there are so many driving schools available to teach us. 121driving.com is really good, from them i learnt so many tips .

Quick Reply: Ex Porsche Driving School Cars FS