Tequipment GT3 Roll Bar Finish?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Ericsworld
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tequipment GT3 Roll Bar Finish?

Hi,

I was hoping someone could provide me more information on the Tequipment Roll bars? I've seen pictures of them and they all look like a shiny silver.

Are they simply bare steel or do they have a clear coat over them? I'd like to mimic this finish with a roll bar of my own.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2012, 10:42 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

raw metal look...semi brushed stainless steel look. No paint just raw metal.

If you are copying this look I understand, if you are looking for a rear harness/roll bar I highly suggest to look hard at RSS (Road Sport Supply). I can't say enough good things about these guys.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Ericsworld
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

^ thanks. That is interesting these bars come raw and unpainted. Are they actually made out of stainless steel tubes? The bar I'm looking at is made out of standard steel DOM and I'm worried about rust and corrosion leaving it bare
Old 07-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

You might want to find out what the vendor means by standard steel DOM. DOM is a process used after the tube is made to form a uniform ID and it imparts a bit of work hardening to the tube.

As to standard steel, there a multitude of grades out there. A 1020 seamless carbon is not a bad choice if you are looking to save a bit in comparison to the seamless DOM chrome molly used in the RSS. However, gauge for gauge and diameter for diameter the chrome molly will be stronger than the 1020.

Quick Reply: Tequipment GT3 Roll Bar Finish?