997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Cs Cab too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012 | 05:04 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Do a carfax, see what the mileage intervals have been. Sounds like the car has been sitting for a long time which shouldn't hurt, but perhaps tire dryrot.
Old 09-01-2012 | 07:40 PM
GregGH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Do a Google search on the VIN number. You might find some prior sales activity related to that car. If you find an interesting link, click the >> symbol to right of the link (in Google). A dialogue box should appear to the right, then click the "cached" link. This will bring you to an archived version of the old web page.....
Neat .... thanks .... I just keep learning .... :-)

grabbed a VIN -- found these sites ...

this one on right hand side shows the number of 911's for sale by year ....click here does it seem right ?

Here is one that list Porsche 911's for sale by state ... click here

Great forum
Greg
Old 09-01-2012 | 08:03 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by broncos17
Update on search: found a 2006 C4s Cab with only 3000 miles for $64k. Clean 1 owner carfax with one open recall (unsure for what). Car meets everything I'm looking for but a bit scared off by the extreme low mileage. Dealer "estimates" clutch and brakes to be >90% but doesn't have any service records for the car. Interested what you think about the low miles: are they too low?/should I search for something with more miles to be safe? Thanks
Sadly, this is fairly typical of a lot of Porsches. Type A personalities lust after a 911 all of their lives and then finally make the leap and buy one later in life. Unfortunately, they never learned how to get off the Type A personality obsession and thus never really get to drive the car.

The low miles tells me that you will have infant mortality issues with the car. Seals have dried up, and things that should have broken in the first year of service never did but will when you start to drive it. So, be prepared to break things and pay for them yourself. Things like water pumps, etc. will fail and you will have to budget accordingly. Do not let the fast-talking sales guy try to suggest that you pay more for a low mileage Porsche. Too low and you will have issues--I can guarantee it.
Old 09-01-2012 | 11:53 PM
MagnusB
Pro

64k is high even for a low mileage car.
Old 09-02-2012 | 12:49 AM
wanderingwheelz
Instructor

3000 miles per year is as low as you ought to go on a 911 according to what I've been told. Mine have all been weekend toys, but I try to hit the 3k mark each year.
Old 09-02-2012 | 10:25 AM
997at
Rennlist Member

Broncos17,
I have just decided to sell my car and thought it might be something you're interested in. I haven't listed it anywhere yet.
Some details:
A CA car with 29K miles
2006 S Cab triple black
All dealer serviced
No scratches or dings
Major options - sports chrono, full leather, heated/power seats, high end Bose, clear bra on front end, mirrors, sills, headlights, etc. (I can provide the options list and codes)
Car has always been hand washed and detailed.........it is in as new condition.
I haven't fixed a price yet, but I was thinking somewhere between $52-53K.
Let me know if you're interested.

Quick Reply: 2007 Cs Cab too good to be true?