Weak starting, starter wire, and fidelity warantee

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:29 PM
f1pilota
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak starting, starter wire, and fidelity warantee

For your information,

My 06 Carrera S began to have hard starting issues. It was especially bad during the heat of a Texas afternoon. After some research here I determined it was the starter harness going bad. Porsche North Houston verified it was the harness. I had bought a fidelity warantee and they honored the $1500 repair. I paid a $250 deductible. Looks like its going to pay for itself and well worth the money. Fidelity has to come and look at the car but they did it in a day. So high marks to Fidelity and Porsche North Houston. They even gave me a loaner for 4 days.

Christopher
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f1pilota
For your information,

My 06 Carrera S began to have hard starting issues. It was especially bad during the heat of a Texas afternoon. After some research here I determined it was the starter harness going bad. Porsche North Houston verified it was the harness. I had bought a fidelity warantee and they honored the $1500 repair. I paid a $250 deductible. Looks like its going to pay for itself and well worth the money. Fidelity has to come and look at the car but they did it in a day. So high marks to Fidelity and Porsche North Houston. They even gave me a loaner for 4 days.

Christopher
Congrats on your good news, really like that guards red color.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a link to Fidelity for information? Also was your 06' still under warrenty in order for Fidelity to honnor policy? (I'm out of warrenty)

Quick Reply: Weak starting, starter wire, and fidelity warantee