Sponsored by:

A/C Vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 AM
zooz86
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A/C Vents

Hi this is my first post and my first P car .. I'm so in love with the car.
I have 997.1 tt 2008.

I have a little problem if you guys can help me. the air vents blades are little bit loose ... is there any quick salutation to fix them ???
Old 06-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by zooz86
Hi this is my first post and my first P car .. I'm so in love with the car.
I have 997.1 tt 2008.

I have a little problem if you guys can help me. the air vents blades are little bit loose ... is there any quick salutation to fix them ???
My experience with my older models is the vent blades can be a little loose but it is due to temperature. I can't recall the scenario but I note the blades at variuous times have a bit more play, the vent cages move a bit easier or have a little more resistance but I can't recall if this is when they are cold, warm, or hot.

Unless in your car's case the blades to not move together, do not stay where you put them, rattle, etc. I'd say you do not have a problem, not even a little problem.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:32 PM
zooz86
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Macster for the replay what I'm experiencing is that the horizontal blades do not stick where I put them ... I think is from the hot ... because I live in Kuwait where the temperature could reach 50 C in the shades.

So there is nothing i can do.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Gt3 Racer RS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the temperature could reach 50 C in the shades
Holy shnikes!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Thanks Macster for the replay what I'm experiencing is that the horizontal blades do not stick where I put them ... I think is from the hot ... because I live in Kuwait where the temperature could reach 50 C in the shades.

So there is nothing i can do.
Move the heck someplace cooler!

Death Valley maybe. Uh, check that.

A story. A tourist there got in a car parked in the sun. The car had dark (black?) leather seats. The tourist was in shorts.

The seats were so hot they burned/stuck to the back of his legs. Of course the pain caused the person to lift off the seat and the word was while the scream of pain from the initial contact with hot seat against the tender back of the legs was ear piercing, when the person lifted up and the now burned skinned was pulled off in place the agony in that scream was beyond words.

I got the back of my legs horribly sunburned one summer to the point large blisters formed. I still cringe when I think of this person and his legs on that hot seat, heated by the Death Valley sun.

On a lighter note, and with some maybe useful info, try a sun screen to keep direct sun off of the dash and wheel and to perhaps lessen if only a bit the amount of cabin heating that takes place when the car is parked.

Do you want a consolation prize? What do you pay for gas where you are? I was paying $4.00+ in Livermore, CA. And temps there in the summer can climb to 116F (record though I do not when it was set). I have lived in 111F hot days there in the last couple of years.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: A/C Vents