Sponsored by:

Suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Patangatan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension upgrades

I’m driving a 2012 911 GTS with SPASM, PCCB and I’m considering some suspension upgrades to: 1) get 2.5 front camber and 2.0 rear camber; 2) reduce body roll. The intent is to be able to successfully run R compound tires such as Toyo R888 or MPSC on the track, and ultimately R6's; I’m currently on street tires and loosing time in the corners. A tuning shop recommends below; what are your thoughts?

RSS FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM
STORMSKI RACING REAR TOE CONTROL ARM
TPC SWAY BAR KIT ADJUSTABLE, FRONT AND REAR
RENNLINE DROP LINK FRONT
RENNLINE DROP LINK REAR

They are quoting $3,500 for the parts and $1,400 for the labor; reasonable? They claim to need 14-15 hours for the mods. Any experiecne with parts from different brands?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,
Patrik
Old 06-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,063 Likes on 548 Posts

You might consider adding a set of Tarett front camber plates. They would get rid of the rubber bushings at the shock tower and you would need fewer shims on the control arms.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 PM
tcouture
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good idea to do all this at once, you'll end up there anyway . You also might want to do the rear dogbones "while at it" (famous lat words).

May I ask why you are going for a different vendor for each part in your setup? Wouldn't it be easier to stick to a single source?

I put all this stuff myself and it did not take me 14-15 hours, even though I had to lower the subframe for the sway bar and I do not have a lift... So it sounds a little high just from a parts install perspective but it is definitively not less than a very full day...

That being said, if it includes the alignment you will most certainly need after putting this stuff in, the number would make sense.

You could probably save $50 here and there but sometimes, going with someone you trust is more important...

HTH,

T.

Quick Reply: Suspension upgrades