Sponsored by:

Sport Mode Software For Tiptronic - Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Mode Software For Tiptronic - Amazing

I just had the Porsche Sport Mode software (with "Sport" button) installed and the results are absolutely amazing! Granted, it doesn't add power, but the transition between shifts is NOTICEABLY improved. Without "Sport Mode" I found the shift transition (both Auto or Manual) to be at best sluggish. With the "Sport Mode" the shifts are much quicker and shifts at redline.

Another benefit is in auto-mode the Tip shifts down, and starts from 1st gear.

I wanted to place a post to let those who have a Tiptronic without the Porsche Sport Mode it's a great investment in enjoying the car. I will also add the throttle response is much improved!

I spent quite a bit today when I picked up the car given I also had the front/rear pads replaced as well as the brake fluid flushed. I have a PCA track event this weekend and it's going to make it a much better event for me.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Spoddle
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, the sport button is on my list of must adds for my car. Granted it's a 6-speed but still.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 PM
kimster
Intermediate

good info.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
gonz911
Pro

$1195 through Suncoast Porsche and the local dealer gave me 10% off that price as well as labor. I know it's a lot, however, it changes the driving dynamics.

As referenced above, the shift transition in manual or auto mode are much more crisp and I love how the car automatically starts off in 1st gear. The 1st to 2nd is pretty cool given the car now takes the shift to red and you really feel the transfer.

Several days now driving the car and it's so much more enjoyable. Well worth it to me.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ra_Enginetrans
Old 06-02-2012, 03:20 AM
boolala
Race Car

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:16 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to open up this thread again, but this was exactly what I was looking for...has anyone else had the inspiration and added the upgrade? I'm just looking to improve some of the "lag" in shifting to make it feel a bit more sporty. Overall i'm happy with the tiptronic performance, just want to have a little more feel to it when my wife isnt in the car
Old 08-12-2014, 02:28 PM
9114Scab
Instructor

I had an 08 with a Tiptronic and it did have Sport mode, I believe it is totally worth adding to your car, if it doesn't have it already.

I recently added the package to my 2012 Pdk car, and I'm glad I did, the car is more fun to drive.(although, I paid 1960.00 for the service)at a Porsche dealership.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Crossfire190
Advanced

Originally Posted by JRoz
Sorry to open up this thread again, but this was exactly what I was looking for...has anyone else had the inspiration and added the upgrade? I'm just looking to improve some of the "lag" in shifting to make it feel a bit more sporty. Overall i'm happy with the tiptronic performance, just want to have a little more feel to it when my wife isnt in the car
I have an 06 C2s with a tip. It came with the sport mode from the factory.
There is a night and day difference in the personality of the car when sport mode is engaged. The car only feels like a sports car when sport mode is engaged. However, your best performance is still obtained by manually shifting. Sport mode also improves the quickness of the manual shifts too. First thing i do when I get in the car is turn the sport mode on. I wish there was a way to default to that setting.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:45 AM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly what I wanted to hear, I was thinking about doing an aftermarket ECU flash but don't think its worth it with this OEM option available. This is now definitely on the list of things to do. Before I pull the trigger I want to see if there is a viable option to changing out my wheel with one of the 997.2 PDK wheels with paddle shifters. I've seen a few other threads on other forums talking about it so I just need to find my best option...figure I might as well do it at the same time I do the sport mode. Sport Mode w/ Paddle Shifters would be great!
The following users liked this post:
turb0 (05-22-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 08:28 PM
turb0
Advanced

Default SoCal contacts for the sport mode software and 991 steering wheel update

Any SoCal leads to have the Sport Mode software and 991 steering wheel update?

Quick Reply: Sport Mode Software For Tiptronic - Amazing