Some 997.2 of interest at Porsche of Livermore-Opinons Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 PM
fat_louis
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Some 997.2 of interest at Porsche of Livermore-Opinons Please

Hey guys,
I'm sort of getting a serious case of new car itch. What do you think of these two cars? They look like lease returns. The silver S looks like it has lived a much rougher life (two owners) and I am pretty sure that garish chrome wheels did not come with the car. The carfax also states that the silver car has been in an accident. I am not so concerned about higher mileage since I keep cars a really long time (and these are both CPO cars).

Questions:
1. Is the S model appreciably more awesome than the standard Carrera? Have driven both versions in 997.1 kit. (really hate how standard black calipers do not hold up to the test of time vs. red powder coated ones on S).

2. How low can I go in terms of pricing? What would be realistic? Its not like these are rare cars or brand new like the 991.

3. What do you think about the damage history on the carfax? I know it is not descriptive at all, but would that be a good bargaining chip, or does the price already reflect that 100%?

4. What is typical premium on the used market for S vs non-S?

5. I have seen some fairly reasonably priced 4S cars (including one with the carbon fiber backed sport seats). They could be really rough, but are these cars harder sells than the 2WD cars?

http://www.porscheoflivermore.com/de...d-8722646.html

http://www.porscheoflivermore.com/de...d-8778900.html

Please don't tear me a new *******. I am a fellow 1%er, just not knowledgeable about P cars (BMW M3s are more my thing).

Happy memorial day,
Fat_louis
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally think the S is significantly better than the non-S, but then I have a 2009 S, so I'm biased.

I'm surprised at the pricing; the S with PDK is $1k less than the non-S with MT, with 10K fewer miles. I'd go for the S. However, both seem over priced. I bought me '09 S with PDK and 9600 miles in 2010 for $69k at a P-car dealer in Palm Springs.

It's end of month, which is a good time to buy, but beginning of summer which is not a good time to buy a sports car. Search the Internet for comparable cars and make them a reasonable offer on the one you like best. Start at high $50s.

BTW - my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:05 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the C2 vs C2S difference is much more pronounced in the 997.1 generation. A 997.2 C2 with PASM is basically a C2S with slightly less horsepower (flame suit ON!).
Old 05-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

The non-S should be a lower 60k car. I believe that S car has been on the lot there a long time. I saw it in searches I was doing back in November, I can't forget those CHROME wheels. Ugh. I wonder if this is some drama with the car.

The cars other than S / Non and 10k miles are nearly identical.

The market right now for 2009 S cars CPO is in the mid-high 60's. You can get non-CPO for less.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:16 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If the "S" is CPO, it should check out well, I'd definitely go for the "S".
Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Renzsport
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. No the non s is still a performer. The only thing this one is missing is the sport exhaust which you can fix. Plus the colour is nicer, way more silver cars than blue.
3. Very troublesome for me. I would avoid this if possible, there are plenty of collision-free cars on the market.

Quick Reply: Some 997.2 of interest at Porsche of Livermore-Opinons Please