Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I found my car; what should the price be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecloebl
$450 to $650 from Discount Tire, $850 from the P-Store.
I would love to know where to could get two N rated tires installed for under $650.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

n rated in 18 which is what that car looked like it had are about 250 for front and 325 for rear. Plus installs/tax. 650 is pushing it.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Ecloebl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spoke with the seller, and he says he cannot or will not sell for under $64,500, as is. I said "thank you" and will probably buy the Lexus GS350 F-Sport. It's not a Porsche; I know because I have had five Porsches, but it is a fun driver. End of story?

Last edited by Ecloebl; 05-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand this thread at all..........a Lexus?
So there is only 1 Porsche out there to look at and if that doesn't happen you are gonna settle for a Lexus ?

That's f-Ed up
Old 05-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by Ish993

That's f-Ed up
^ this
Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

very disappointing end to this thread. I had a Lexus once.... ONCE!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:00 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Lexus is ok. But I don't understand.i deal fell through. You can find others in your price range. Rent a car till you git er dun.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Ecloebl
Intermediate

For the past 19 years, my dd has been a Lexus SC400 that is the most satisfying car I have ever had. Now that it is beginning to show its age, I thought of going back to a Porsche. I found a couple of Porsches that I liked locally. I thought that the white Carrera would have been perfect for me, but the pricing was bonkers. The Lexus F-sport is a fantastic new sport sedan, and it represents a good compromise for me. I am retired, I had my share of Porsches (five) when I was younger, and l believe the F-Sport will keep me happy. Thanks to all for the good advice. It probably kept me from overpaying for a Carrera that had issues that I failed to recognize.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:03 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts

To the OP. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. The Lexus is an okay compromise but it isn't a Porsche and if that was your original intention you will probably hate that you didn't look around more for another more reasonably priced car in the end. That said if you were just toying with the idea then choose what makes you happy. As for the original car in question; yes the seller is more in love with his car than how it compares on the market cause a non-SC PDK car will very likely NOT command the price he is asking...its just too deficient in the driveability and sportiness categories [I have a PDK w/SC and am very familiar with it and the base car which sounds like a demo car if it was an 2009..they were all white and had some strange options so wouldn't be suprised it didn't have SC]. Most buyers who know what they want/looking for will shy away from his car at that price! GL
Old 05-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Datura
Instructor

Location: Big Bend region of West Texas/Hill Country near Austin. Texas

You know, you just gotta do what works for you. Lexus, Porsche, Ford...whatever. At the end of the day, other people's opinions should not reflect one iota on how happy you are tomorrow. I am now blessed to have two Porsches in the garage, yet my daily driver is a "lowly" '09 Scion XB. I can park it anywhere, my dogs can come along, slobber and shed all the hair they want; it gets average 30 MPG.

Porsches are truly wonderful little beasts, but your ultimate happiness will come from those you love and those who love you; not my opinion of what you should drive.

Of course, on that random bad day when those you love are baring their teeth, there is nothing like going hard through the gears on a back road listening to that wonderful howl coming from the back of a Porsche.

Peace, love and more good wine!!

And take a moment to appreciate all our nation's veterans who never drove a Porsche because they gave/are giving their life-blood on some foreign soil for our freedoms.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 PM
scotsskier
Advanced

Originally Posted by Datura
You know, you just gotta do what works for you. Lexus, Porsche, Ford...whatever. At the end of the day, other people's opinions should not reflect one iota on how happy you are tomorrow. I am now blessed to have two Porsches in the garage, yet my daily driver is a "lowly" '09 Scion XB. I can park it anywhere, my dogs can come along, slobber and shed all the hair they want; it gets average 30 MPG.

Porsches are truly wonderful little beasts, but your ultimate happiness will come from those you love and those who love you; not my opinion of what you should drive.

Of course, on that random bad day when those you love are baring their teeth, there is nothing like going hard through the gears on a back road listening to that wonderful howl coming from the back of a Porsche.

Peace, love and more good wine!!

And take a moment to appreciate all our nation's veterans who never drove a Porsche because they gave/are giving their life-blood on some foreign soil for our freedoms.
Very well said
Old 06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
matthewlesko
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

65k for this car sounds like a lot to me based on what else is out there. Seems like you can get pretty low mileage 997.2 C2S for less than 64.5k lately. Base model 997.2 C2's are starting to be listed at ~56 in the last month or so. Seems like as the 991 keeps rolling out it may continue to put some downward pressure on prices. That said, there are still plenty of 997.1s out there where the ask price is ~70k and the sellers are just dreaming.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Ecloebl
Intermediate

Two months later, the plot thickens. A month after telling me that he would never even consider any offer under $64.5k, the seller dropped the price to $63k. A few weeks later he was asking $60K. Today, it is down to $56k. If anyone is looking for a clean low mileage 911, it looks like a decent buy.

Last edited by Ecloebl; 08-17-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 PM
scotsskier
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ecloebl
Two months later, this story gets even stranger. A month after telling me that he would never even consider any offer under $64.5k, the seller dropped the price to $63k. A few weeks later he was asking $60K. Today, it is down to $56k. If anyone is looking for a clean low mileage 911, it looks like a decent buy.
not really surprising. typically when private sellers are deluded about value they come out with comments like this. Hard fact is when they are out of line on (real) market pricing they find they are stuck with the vehicle and either have to (a) trade it or (b) realize that they need to take a lower price. No rocket science here.

Does sound like a reasonable deal now assuming it all checks out
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Dukec4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I'm dyslexic but the link the OP posted lists the price at 56k

Quick Reply: I found my car; what should the price be?