Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with aftermarket dogbones? Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:36 PM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Those with aftermarket dogbones? Noise?

I finally finished my suspension upgrade. I have now aggressively lowered my car on coilovers. The final thing I did was add some torque solutions rear control arms (dogbones) to fix up my camber issue. I find that at lower speeds I have some noise comming from the back of my car. I did drive my car without dogbones for a bit. The noise only started when I added the dogbones. A slight bit of knocking. Is this normal? It's only at lower speeds. Weird?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:35 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

I've had them on three cars and they all had noise from the dogbones.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

on my car i do not hear them. tarett droplinks were noisy as they did not seem to keep tight plus rod ends kept getting beaten up. dogbones with erp rod ends are fine so far, probably due to the fact that those rod ends are way bigger than on droplinks.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 AM
red996
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

I jacked up the car and noticed that one of the bolts on one of the bones was loose. When I was adjusting them before I had the wheels on my car and could not properly tighten the bolts. Don't know if the bolts will stay tight. Noise gone for now.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

keep it almost a religious ritual - check all bolts on all suspension pieces on regular intervals.
also it you see it gets loose often - use locktite on the thread.

dogbones usually keep up fine, on my car most issues are with front fork (thrust) arms - on both ends, where it connect to inner lca 'puck' and on other end where there is a huge bolt that goes into undercarriage - both used to get loose.

Quick Reply: Those with aftermarket dogbones? Noise?