Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Side Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012 | 08:03 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Default Driver Side Window Issue

My 2006 C4S is a treat to drive but I am having my first issue which may cost me money.

When I get out of the car with the window up, the car lowers the window slightly when I open the door as it always has. But it will no longer raise the window when I close the door. It leaves a gap at the top which I can not overcome from the driver's side because when I get in to raise the window and open the door to get out, the cycle begins again. I have tried raising it with the door open and getting out, but not luck there. To make it go up and stay there, I have to get in on the passenger side and reach over to insert the key and raise the driver's window. This is nothing I can live with, but it seems like an electric rather than a motor issue. The dealer has ordered a motor and I will have it installed, but if the wisdom of Rennlist can help, it could save me $1000+.

It works as always on the other side.
Old 05-05-2012 | 09:34 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Have you tried to reset your window?

Try to "retrain" your window. Lower the window but keep depressing the window button for 3 or 4 seconds after it has completely lowered. Raise the window but keep depressing the window button for 3 or 4 seconds after it has completely raised. Repeat the above process one more time.

See if that helps any, and it will only cost you 5 mins of your time. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Ken
Old 05-05-2012 | 10:28 PM
Fred2
Racer

Default Different Issue

The window drop down feature works fine from the outside, but drops as the door opens from the inside.

Is this an issue that should be covered under warranty?
Old 05-05-2012 | 11:26 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't understand the problem. The window should drop when it is being opened from either the inside or the outside. That is because the rubber seal at the top of the window is an inverted U shape so the window needs to retract from beneath the seal when the door is opened. It will stay down until the door is closed. Then the window will extend to slip into the seal.
Old 05-05-2012 | 11:49 PM
Fred2
Racer

The window drop on the pass side, works as intended,
start pulling the lever, and the window drops, then the door opens.

on the driver side

pull the lever, the door opens AS the window drops.
Old 05-06-2012 | 12:00 AM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the replies. Reset did not work. Windw is still 3/4" down when closed. Any ideas let me know . Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2012 | 03:46 PM
Schist4Brainz
Instructor

I had a similar issue when I bought mine used. Local dealer pulled off the interior panel and adjusted the window height manually. Fixed. No charge. You could probably find a DIY on this but not sure what tool would be needed to adjust window level.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Window Issue