Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio not holding a few stations

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 02:35 PM
sbpsu354
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you'll have it sorted. I was going to suggest sitting in one of the other cars on the dealer's lot with a tech to see if a new or used vehicle at the dealer does the same thing.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
Well, once the new PCM is in place, we will know more. If it persists, then we will have evidence it may be the radio stations.

Did you validate the TP setting was off? If not, that could have been it as well.

Or the PCM radio could have been bad.

Update us once the new radio is in.
I should not have counted my chickens so soon. The dealer called Porsche to order the new radio. Porsche told the dealer that there is a bulliten regarding this problem. Apparently the Porsche tuner works by looking at the so called 'PPI" that the radio station puts out. Sometimes the radio station frequency drifts. So the dealership wants me to bring in the car in to do another diagnostic. In the meantime Porsche is going to call the 4 radio stations and ask them to tune the PPI's. I really don't understand it all. At this point I am not getting a new radio. I will see what happens, if anything. I don't know how hard I should push or if it will even help.

This is similar to what the first dealerhip told me. They even told me to call the radio stations to tell them to tune their PPI's.

I may end up having to live with it which is not the worst thing in the world. It is ironic to me that a 15,000 camry has a better radio than an $85,000 car.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

yeah, sometimes technology can outsmart itself.

When you have fancy new technology, if you have some misbehaving folks, things go down-hill.

A dumb analog tuner would work really well. You don't get the data stream with FM stations and other features, but it tunes and doesn't move.

See: world wide web. The internet was great in the early days, then folks started to push viruses and malware and everone had to spend time shutting down usefull services and clamp down on network connectivity. Now you don't trust anything, can't diagnose your own problems becasue the network tools to do that are so convoluted and abstracted for security purposes, and are constatnly updating anti-spy/virus ware.

Quick Reply: Radio not holding a few stations