Sponsored by:

PSE disconnect question !

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Agree - having Sport Chrono didn't mean you had PSE. IIRC on my 997.1 C4S with PSE and Sport Chrono the car always started with PSE off - you could turn it on by selecting either Sport mode or by pushing the PSE button. With PSE on it did go quieter at a certain rpm level but this could be defeated by disconnecting the electrical plug in the engine compartment or blocking the vacuum connection, both of which controlled activation of PSE. I disconnected the electrical connection and PSE was on all the time and did not go quiet in that determined rpm range.
The way mine was at startup, once the PSE was installed at the dealership, was the PSE would be on for the first few seconds and then turn off. I then had to always push the button to re-engage. I pulled the plug as well and always have that sweet music!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
fc2s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PSE is making a rattling sound at low end of rpm's.
I've been told that it can either be loose baffles or the on/off flap on the muffler itself that is causing this rattle.
Does anyone know if a PSE with either of the aboave can be repaired?
Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Smailsy
2nd Gear

Hey guys also new to the forum have just got the 996 C4S and it HAS got the PSE fitted I take it the plug will be in the same place as photos in previous posts ? Can't check at the min as I'm working offshore but will be good to know for when I get home.
Cheers ��
Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Smailsy
Hey guys also new to the forum have just got the 996 C4S and it HAS got the PSE fitted I take it the plug will be in the same place as photos in previous posts ? Can't check at the min as I'm working offshore but will be good to know for when I get home.
Cheers ��
996 different than 997 - try your question in the 996 forum.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by fc2s
I've been told that it can either be loose baffles or the on/off flap on the muffler itself that is causing this rattle.
I actually had a rattling sound in my then New Roush Mustang w/ sport exhaust. It was as simple as it was rattling against a piece of metal on the chassis, which was simple shaved. You might want to look into that first.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:10 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fc2s
I have noticed a slight but regular rattle at higher RPM's as well.

I need to get it on a lift and see if something is loose. I just had it into Porsche
and I forgot to mention it to them to check it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Should look like this picture.
ok - I'm a bone head - how does this disconnect or unplug?
Old 10-26-2012, 10:58 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
ok - I'm a bone head - how does this disconnect or unplug?
if you look at the pic MZN50 posted on 1st page, you will see a piece of metal on the left side of the orange plug. That is the release, so you put your finger on the opposite side, depress the metal loop and pull it out!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
if you look at the pic MZN50 posted on 1st page, you will see a piece of metal on the left side of the orange plug. That is the release, so you put your finger on the opposite side, depress the metal loop and pull it out!
thanks!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by AP997S
Wow . . . . All these postings and now you finally look. What the hell made you think you had a PSE in the first place.

no kidding man...how does this guy not even have PSE and not know it loooooll
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 AM
desmoh
Rennlist Member

Friends, it's rather simple, I was myself led by the dealer into believing that having the Chrono Plus option includes a special engine note! I have a 2011 997.2 S and when you push the Sport switch the engine sounds differently - raw with some popping especially at acceleration and deceleration. The thing is, it's the same exhaust with different engine mapping. I installed a Fabspeed system on my old 996 and while it sounded louder, it removed the Porsche [GURGLE] which was disappointing. The kid in me wants my 997.2 to sound sportier, however, the different options out there are mind boggling. I think I will start with a Gundo hack and go from there. Meanwhile, the stock sound is magical too! Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: PSE disconnect question !