Sponsored by:

Aero kit question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:10 PM
chrcook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aero kit question

The bad news is a hit a pole in the wet with my 2009 C2S and cracked the nose. The good news is ther was no other damage and since I hit it almost dead center, the led lights and radiator air intake is not hurt (pretty minor hit, but enough to crack the nose).

So, in an effort to make something good, and since I have to get a new nose, I'm think why not go a little further and get the aero kit (front and rear).

For those of your with it, are there any downsides of which I should be aware. I drive the car every day, in Michigan including winters, and do occasionally drag the nose, but never enough to damage (until now...)

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
duke92
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only significant downside is the decreased clearance. The front lip gets pretty scratched as a daily driver and will needed to be replaced periodically. The part is around $250 and a fairly simple DIY replacement (if you go for the black lip). The painted lip is slightly cheaper but has to be painted.

I guess that another relative issue is it makes the car significantly more conspicuous. Others have commented on this forum that this is a negative. Personally I love it.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I like the more aggressive look as well - but you will chew up the chin spoiler.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Aerokitted
Pro

My chin spoiler on my lower than Carrera gt3, painted mind u, remains in pristine shape even after 6000 city driven miles.

U just gotta have the skills . Itll transform the look of the car.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Neotorque
Rennlist Member

I bought a $50 rubber lip that covers the front spoiler, makes it look better, and totally eliminates the scratching problem. Had it several months now, been down many driveways, and it still looks brand new.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...oiler-lip.html

Quick Reply: Aero kit question