Sponsored by:

hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:47 PM
builthatch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello

interestingly enough, you are allowed to post this sort of thing - something i'm not used to on forums...so, off i go

first Porsche of my life should be in my garage by early next week. i have been searching for a while and picked up a silver 2007 CPO C4S via Porsche of The Main Line in PA. it's on a truck right now from another dealer and i'm finishing things up on Saturday.

i am a lifetime car addict and i work on the SEMA end of the aftermarket so i'm pretty excited to have a solid performer like this under my belt. one of my hobbies is helping out modding on honda-tech.com, another IB board. it's nice in a way just to be a normal user for once, hehe.

should be fun.

Last edited by builthatch; 03-30-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:07 AM
M Fig
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats...make sure you post pics once you take delivery
Old 03-30-2012, 08:53 AM
spourreza
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to seeing pics!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 594 Posts

Pics. Yes!!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't that a boxster in your avatar?
Old 03-30-2012, 05:03 PM
builthatch
Rennlist Member

thanks all! i am extremely excited, obviously. pics to come barring anything ridiculous.

McCulla - haha, that particular model is priceless!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:34 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the Rennlist "Membership" amd congrats on getting your first Porsche!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
builthatch
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Welcome to the Rennlist "Membership" amd congrats on getting your first Porsche!
thanks!

unfortunately, it didn't work out like i planned and i am a little let down.

the dealer i am using (via a really great broker in Ocean City, NJ) got the car from another Porsche dealer in VA via auction. it arrived late on Friday at the dealer and...it wasn't in the condition i expected, even though it was a CPO at the original dealership. it had a few dings and most importantly, it had some paint flaws that, to me...are unacceptable. especially versus the other CPO cars that typically show up in the inventory at this store.

the worst was a huge scrape-type chip on top of the passenger side rear fender, down to the primer. maybe the most exciting part of the car and it was marred. it also had the clear chipped off the same fender lip, a deep scratch where the clear was missing on the upper outer door frame and a few deep scratches into the base coat on the door lip(s). the lower front lip was mowed a bit too, something that i haven't seen on any of the other CPO cars there.

my sales contact said it is unfortunate because they usually would have addressed all of that prior to it being offered in their inventory but it came late Friday and they didn't expect it to have any of the stuff it did. i am pretty well-versed with finish stuff and i can't see how they are going to touch up the paint stuff without refinishing, i just don't...but i guess you never know.

the car is five years old so i don't expect it to be (literally) perfect, but i know it's possible to be close because the CPO car i drove up their last time was two years older and was pretty damn close to perfect.

i'm going to give them a chance to recondition to the best of their abilities but it's likely i'll just pass and wait for a better example. like i said, the '05 i tested up there originally was in WAY better shape than this even though it's two years newer. it's a bummer because on paper this is the car i want.

i only had my phone so i didn't dwell on taking pics of everything after i realized the condition, 'cept a blurry pic of the main chip and, since it was close by the chip, a slight dent.

i think i'll just be better off waiting for something they originally CPO'd because their particular process and standards are (i guess) above and beyond what Porsche demands if this car from the other dealership is an example of what can be CPO'd.

again, this is only one of the things that i saw. i just figured after seeing this it wasn't worth shooting every single issue.
Attached Images  

Last edited by builthatch; 04-02-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
deijmaster
Advanced

builthatch, take you're time buddy! It took me 2 solid years to finally find MY06 C2 in the condition I wanted it, with the mileage I was looking for.

So many options are out there, take you're time and be a pain in the but with dealers. You are the client and YOU decide if it fits defined conditions.

Good luck and come back anytime with potentials, we're more than happy to give you our comments!

Quick Reply: hello