Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Purchase - 09 997 Aqua Blue C2S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Pictures rarely show how great this color looks on a 911. It's a really nice color combo.

The Sport Chrono Plus option from Suncoast is worth the price. I think 1-2 hours labor to have it installed in my Cayman S PDK.

Enjoy the car.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM
rajtw
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHotCayenne
Beautiful car! I too am looking at an 09 C2 cab in CA (not S) - about 20k miles, PDK, similar options to rajtw. Based on his 65k purchase price, what do you guys think would be a fair price for basically the same car in non-S?
I found mine on Manheim. Submitted a bid and the auction expired. It was listed at 68K (Buy it now). I contacted the dealer directly after the auction ran out. Went to the dealer, inspected the car, confirmed all orig paint, still under warranty, and purch for 65K.

My point is that 65K may be on the low side due to my circumstances. However, as the 991s become more readily available, 65K may be more realistic.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:17 PM
rajtw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Pictures rarely show how great this color looks on a 911. It's a really nice color combo.

The Sport Chrono Plus option from Suncoast is worth the price. I think 1-2 hours labor to have it installed in my Cayman S PDK.

Enjoy the car.
Thanks, I love the color!!! Had the Sports Chrono Plus installed last Friday and wow, what a difference. Ordered from Suncoast for 1195, no tax or shipping and then had the dealer install for $279. Well worth it. You basically get sports chrono plus w/o the clock.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 AM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

My all time favorite blue, after midnight blue.

Congrats - it's a beauty.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 AM
rajtw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alirob
It's a beauty. I have the identical "launch" car. From the beginning I noticed stains appearing on the front seats. Several months ago I brought them to the attention of my Porsche service person. After he spoke to the PCNA area rep. they decided to recover the seats. I was told that the problem was that the dye from the seats was bleeding through the ventilation holes. After waiting several months for the replacements from Germany, a set of black covers arrived instead of gray. Now Porsche tells me they have changed their minds and will not replace them.
Check your seats and let me know if you notice any stains. This problem is not unique to my car. There are similar reports on 09 and later ventilated seats on several websites.
Im happy to report that there are no stains on my seats!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

It's a beauty. I have the identical "launch" car. From the beginning I noticed stains appearing on the front seats. Several months ago I brought them to the attention of my Porsche service person. After he spoke to the PCNA area rep. they decided to recover the seats. I was told that the problem was that the dye from the seats was bleeding through the ventilation holes. After waiting several months for the replacements from Germany, a set of black covers arrived instead of gray. Now Porsche tells me they have changed their minds and will not replace them.
Check your seats and let me know if you notice any stains. This problem is not unique to my car. There are similar reports on 09 and later ventilated seats on several websites.
When I was looking last fall to purchase I saw two identical 911s as per OP both had seat stains. Looked almost like a "rain stain " effect.

Must of been common
Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
RedHotCayenne
4th Gear

Originally Posted by rajtw
I found mine on Manheim. Submitted a bid and the auction expired. It was listed at 68K (Buy it now). I contacted the dealer directly after the auction ran out. Went to the dealer, inspected the car, confirmed all orig paint, still under warranty, and purch for 65K.

My point is that 65K may be on the low side due to my circumstances. However, as the 991s become more readily available, 65K may be more realistic.
Rajtw - can you offer any pointers on how I might find a similar deal? How does one gain access to the Manheim info?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
rajtw
Intermediate

Manheim is a dealer auction site. You need to be a dealer or hook up with a small dealer who will give you access for a fee to buy through him. For me, I have a client that's a dealer and he was gratious enough to give me access and attempt to purchase through him at no cost. . . . Good luck.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had similar stains on the black ventilated seats of 09C4S. I am the original owner and there was even one stain when new. Stains got progessively worse whenever I got any water on the seats. When I complained to the dealer last August they "cleaned" the seats and wanted to my charge me $140. I balked saying that it was a warranty issue. They covered it and the seats still look good now.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i remember those launch cars - our dealor had one. i love the aqua blue.

do the sport chrono from them and get the paddle shifting sport design steering wheel - your current one dosen't have any multi functions so i understand easy swap.
Cant get heated steering wheel with multi function I wont give up my heated stearing now that I know what it is all about.

Last edited by MICHAELWWW; 03-08-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: capital eye
Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

After selling my 06 C2 Manual six months ago (which I bought for 43K and sold for 37K 3 years later)
First off, that's amazing that you got your 06 in 08 for 43K!!! Off Manheim, too, or private sale?
However, as the 991s become more readily available, 65K may be more realistic.
This is exactly what my thinking is...I figure it will take me 12-18 months to find the 997.2 C2/4S 6SP with the options I want (e.g. PASM, black/white with tan interior, ventilated/heated/full leather, navi, bose, etc.). I have a couple of dealer buddies that can help me access Manheim online, so I'm hoping the prices will come down closer to the mid-$50s or better in that time frame.

Would prefer to steal it from a private seller!
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by MICHAELWWW
Cant get heated steering wheel with multi function I wont give up my heated stearing now that I know what it is all about.
NO WAY!!! I want heated seats/wheel, but I REALLY wanted a multifunction wheel! I thought the heating button was behind the lower spoke, so it wouldn't interfere with the multifunction...
Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 AM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I double checked and it appears I was wrong. I believe I mixed up the sport wheel with the MF wheel. Looks like there is an issue about weather or not the car already has heated seats and steering before upgrading to MF.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
rajtw
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fayraree
First off, that's amazing that you got your 06 in 08 for 43K!!! Off Manheim, too, or private sale?
Thanks, my 06 was pre-Manheim. Non-porsche dealer took it in as a trade-in and wanted to try to sell before auctioning off.

Originally Posted by fayraree
This is exactly what my thinking is...I figure it will take me 12-18 months to find the 997.2 C2/4S 6SP with the options I want (e.g. PASM, black/white with tan interior, ventilated/heated/full leather, navi, bose, etc.). I have a couple of dealer buddies that can help me access Manheim online, so I'm hoping the prices will come down closer to the mid-$50s or better in that time frame.

Would prefer to steal it from a private seller!
I hear ya. I think your best bet will be Manheim. For the private market, I'm not sure 55K for a 997.2 C2S or C4S will be realistic even in 12 months, maybe 18. . . . 997.2 owners love their cars and most of them/us have no plans on upgrading to a 991 anytime soon.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car. Love the grey interior

Quick Reply: New Purchase - 09 997 Aqua Blue C2S Cab