Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low cost Porsche ? TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:47 AM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You, guys for all the replies. It definitely felt like a scam to me also.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:40 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I got my car for $38k when all local dealers wanted at least $50k for similar cars, you never know. Core rule is never to wire any money at all, if you want ppi - make seller to pay for it with condition that you will subtract this cost from your purchase price if everything will be ok. If seller is interested to sell he will work with you otherwise it is not worth to waste nobodys time
Old 01-28-2012, 01:34 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 578 Posts

scam. unless you can finalize the deal in person , run away. same scams on craigslist for furniture sales etc.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it smells like ****, it could be...
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Yeah, He said he can't meet in person. So, therefore lets assume this is a scam.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello you don't need to assume just no matter what it is A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if the guy wanted to meet you I wouldn't go by myself bring a friend!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:37 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by VELOCITY 997
Here is an email from the seller

"Hi Marek,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $43,000.The car is registered on my name and the title is clean (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos just let me know!
. My wife broke up with me recently because I'm always away from home. We just sold our house and split the money. This is the last thing I need to sell and split the money with her.The car is in Orlando,FL.
Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. But I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees.
I want the payment to be handled by Yahoo! Finance. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.
Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward I will need your full name, address and phone number.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Richard Williams!"
SCAM WRITTEN ALL OVER THIS!

Why would you even post it here to verify?! This is such a common scam, all over eBay and other websites, mostly run by Nigerian scammers. They almost copy/paste THE EXACT text above for all such deals.

I love the generic name "Richard Williams"! LOL
Old 01-28-2012, 11:38 PM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

Originally Posted by alexb76
SCAM WRITTEN ALL OVER THIS!

Why would you even post it here to verify?! This is such a common scam, all over eBay and other websites, mostly run by Nigerian scammers. They almost copy/paste THE EXACT text above for all such deals.

I love the generic name "Richard Williams"! LOL
I was just making sure, to tell you honestly at first I didn't know it was a scam. But, I felt suspicious of the low price.

Quick Reply: Low cost Porsche ? TURBO