Sponsored by:

997 door locks

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM
dutchtreat
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 door locks

does anyone know how or where on the piwis to set the time intervals for the automatic door locking
Old 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the "Sports Chrono" option you can set it. Your PCM book will take you through the steps. If you don't have the "Sports Chrono" option you will have to take a trip to your dealer. See page 22 on the link that Eric just posted:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...er-manual.html
Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NA011
If you have the "Sports Chrono" option you can set it. Your PCM book will take you through the steps. If you don't have the "Sports Chrono" option you will have to take a trip to your dealer. See page 22 on the link that Eric just posted:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...er-manual.html
Don't think you can use sport chrono and PCM to set lock time interval - that was his question.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:31 AM
NA011
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Page 31 (Main Display (Main)) in the 2006 PCM manual covers how to set the Auto lock. It covers driver's doors or both doors, when the ignition is turned on or when you drive off.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NA011
Page 31 (Main Display (Main)) in the 2006 PCM manual covers how to set the Auto lock. It covers driver's doors or both doors, when the ignition is turned on or when you drive off.
Yeah...but nothing about "time intervals" which was his question. PCM w/ Sport Chrono (or dealer) can do this:
1) doors lock automatically when ignition is turned on, or
2) doors lock automatically when a speed of 3-6 mph is exceeded, or
3) combo of 1) and 2), or
4) doors do not lock automatically

And the auto door locking feature controls both doors, don't think it will just work on dirver's door...maybe dealer can do that.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:25 PM
dutchtreat
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the sport chrono and i know how to set it, but i use to be able to close my door and when i walked away it would auto lock after a few seconds. when the battery was replaced this feature no longer is there. i have the piwis but i can't seem to find it in the menu or sub menus.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dutchtreat
i have the sport chrono and i know how to set it, but i use to be able to close my door and when i walked away it would auto lock after a few seconds. when the battery was replaced this feature no longer is there. i have the piwis but i can't seem to find it in the menu or sub menus.
I've never seen what you're describing happen with door locks - are you referring to the the automatic relocking feature described below - if so looks like the dealer has to do it. Not sure where to find on PIWIS. Let us know what you find out.

Automatic relocking

If the car is unlocked by remote control and none of the car doors is opened within approx.
60 seconds, automatic relocking takes place.
This relocking time can be adapted to your individual requirements (10 - 100 seconds) by an authorized Porsche dealer.

Quick Reply: 997 door locks