Extended Warranty Solution

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Extended Warranty Solution

I've searched but found no answers.

Looking for some guidance from fellow members into "what to buy" as I would like to purchase an extended warranty applied to my car for when the factory warranty expires.

Due to the fact that the car is a US model imported into Canada and I am not the original owner I cannot extend the factory warranty US side.

Am I able to purchase an extended warranty US side for my US car and have it still valid in Canada ?

I have been quoted by a Porsche dealer US side for extended warranty by "Protective Advatage Preffered"

Regards
Old 01-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Anybody got any info on good aftermarket warranties here in Canada ?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:06 PM
AYHSMB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of your Canadian issue it's a little trickier. Normal answers are Fidelity or Easycare.

IMO best option is to pick the good indie Porsche shop in your area and ask them what warranty company is best to deal with. They will know who pays claims and who causes a big headache.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Nice guys to visit, great guys when paying your service costs or buying adds on for the car.

Asking for warranty information............aaa we don't deal with any aftermarket warranty people, sorry cannot help you.

Anything they can do to deter you from finalizing details of an imported car. Just another hurdle...no biggee
Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you call Fidelity direct?

I would also try another dealer as it does not matter where you buy the plan from. They make their commission either way. I purchased the Fidelity plan from a P dealer.

I would call Fidelity or Easy care and ask them who is selling their plan.

GL
Old 01-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Vancouver-BC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a US imported car and got my EasyCare warranty through the local Porsche dealer, and I didn't purchase the car from them. I would talk with your local authorized Porsche dealership(s), as they should carry some aftermarket warranty products The cost of the EasyCare warranty was very reasonable, but it helped that my car only had 20K Km and was still under the factory warranty.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vancouver-BC
I have a US imported car and got my EasyCare warranty through the local Porsche dealer, and I didn't purchase the car from them. I would talk with your local authorized Porsche dealership(s), as they should carry some aftermarket warranty products The cost of the EasyCare warranty was very reasonable, but it helped that my car only had 20K Km and was still under the factory warranty.
Seems to be the benificial if the cars still under existing warranty and acceptable or low milage. I was quoted at $ 1600 for three years from a US, P dealer who gave the company a AAA rating.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep calling around and se what comes up.

Regards
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Thanks for the tips guys.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

My CPO expires next month and I've considered getting an extended warranty. I called EasyCare and got a quote for my car, but it was higher than I was willing to pay. Today I called my dealer and found that they offer the Fidelity Platinum warranty for a much better price than I got by phone from EasyCare, so I'm thinking about it. One thing my service advisor mentioned was that since my car has mods (Damptronics), there could be issues with some warranty coverage. I'm curious if anyone has had this experience with 3rd party warranties, where they might use the existence of a mod to get out of covering something.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:52 PM
sullivas
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My best price was from the dealer. Don't go it alone, it'll be twice as much. However, shop different dealers because they vary their prices. One dealer wanted 2k more than the one I went with, which was luckily the closest.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:26 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

I've heard good things about Easycare... they do NOT care where you bought the car, as long as it's registered and insured in Canada.

I would NOT get extended warranty in the US, UNLESS you travel there a lot and don't mind taking it in for service in the US. I highly doubt they'd cover anything across the border.

PS. If you got Porsche CPO coverage, IT IS TRANSFFERABLE to Canada. You just have to ensure you do all the paperwork when you bring the car over, and have to pay some fee.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Solution