Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Drinks and hors d'oeuvres at dealer - when is the one at Carlsen Redwood City?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:55 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was hoping they would have the launch party at an autoX course, like the one they have right now at El Toro, CA for dealer training. I want to drive the thing, not to eat some high calories junk food while staring at the car.

Last edited by steph280; 05-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a big dealer here in NJ did that for the Cayman at one Porsche Club Autox. Actually it wasn't even just free fun runs. They set it up as a competition for fastest time with a trophy to boot. Pretty ballsy of the dealer.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
the you are vs. your mistake is very common and drives me nuts. others not so much, but for some reason that one gets me.
What do you expect? This is just an online message board. Nobody here is going to win the pullet surprise for their posts. Mistakes like spelling "you're" as "your" are pardon parcel with people who learn the language through talking and not through reading.

I could of made that same mistake if I hadn't learned these words by reading them. Sadly, people who don't read just can't cut the muster. Alot of people would just assume watch a movie instead of read a book and it shows in there writing. For all intensive purposes they are exposed to new words strickly by hearing them and they never learn the proper spelling -- It is simple cause and affect. If this subject peeks your interest there are lots of web sight's that can help you learn more.

I've come to turns with it, but the sad thing is that these loosers look like idiots. It's a doggy dog world and they're selling themselves short. One mispeled post to the internet and -- walla -- the whole world knows they don't read books. And there's no statue of limitations for Internet posts -- it will be in Google forever. What could be more important then that? I don't mean that there dumb persay, just that there supposably illiterate. That's not an ad homonym attack, it's just the truth. You might think that this is all just a mute point but I prefer to air on the side of caution. Common, if you don't think spelling matters you're diluting yourself. Don't be rediculous. Learning how to spell will go along way towards making your point. If you want to type a word and you don't know it's proper spelling just look it up on google. I could care less how busy you are, take the time to get it right!

I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to important to skip. Take my advise: if you don't read you'll never be a bonified grammer **** like me.

What can I say? People who can't spell "you're" just demonstrate that ignorance is blitz.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 PM
tim martin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blitz? thats funny....
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 PM
tim martin
Rennlist Member

advise? I think you mean advice....
Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tim martin
advise? I think you mean advice....
You are kidding,.... right? Hopefully, you didn't miss the other 20+ words and phrases which were intentionally written/spelled incorrectly to make a point.

Nugget, awesome dissertation, or should I say dessertation?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This whole post is funny. Did you guys start drinking ahead of the event?

I am going to the one in San Diego not for the drinks but just to see the car. Was there the other day and loved a nice Cayman R they had on display.

-T
Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything Penske/Scottsdale? I haven't heard anything yet.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Got it. Didn't check for grammar. RSVP'd and looking forward to it.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:04 PM
nesposito
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Penske Scottsdale is Feb. 3rd at the dealership. The invitations just went out on Wednesday. got mine yesterday.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:38 PM
csorrows
Instructor

I think I just had a brain hemorrhage reading Nugget's post. Good one!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
What do you expect? This is just an online message board. Nobody here is going to win the pullet surprise for their posts. Mistakes like spelling "you're" as "your" are pardon parcel with people who learn the language through talking and not through reading.

I could of made that same mistake if I hadn't learned these words by reading them. Sadly, people who don't read just can't cut the muster. Alot of people would just assume watch a movie instead of read a book and it shows in there writing. For all intensive purposes they are exposed to new words strickly by hearing them and they never learn the proper spelling -- It is simple cause and affect. If this subject peeks your interest there are lots of web sight's that can help you learn more.

I've come to turns with it, but the sad thing is that these loosers look like idiots. It's a doggy dog world and they're selling themselves short. One mispeled post to the internet and -- walla -- the whole world knows they don't read books. And there's no statue of limitations for Internet posts -- it will be in Google forever. What could be more important then that? I don't mean that there dumb persay, just that there supposably illiterate. That's not an ad homonym attack, it's just the truth. You might think that this is all just a mute point but I prefer to air on the side of caution. Common, if you don't think spelling matters you're diluting yourself. Don't be rediculous. Learning how to spell will go along way towards making your point. If you want to type a word and you don't know it's proper spelling just look it up on google. I could care less how busy you are, take the time to get it right!

I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to important to skip. Take my advise: if you don't read you'll never be a bonified grammer **** like me.

What can I say? People who can't spell "you're" just demonstrate that ignorance is blitz.
FABULOOOS!
:-)
Old 01-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
...It's a doggy dog world...
my favorite, for some reason
Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Voila!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:53 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, for what they expect you to spend it should be an evening with hookers and blow...

Quick Reply: 991 Drinks and hors d'oeuvres at dealer - when is the one at Carlsen Redwood City?