Driver's window smashed

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lexart
Really?

You're advocating taking someone's life over a broken car window and loss of some electronic gizmo?

In Iran, for stealing, they just take your arm, but here in the greatest democracy on the planet, we should take someone's life?

Really?
I think it's called hyperbole... at least I hope it's hyperbole
Old 01-12-2012, 12:50 AM
sixtosune
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyf
I think it's called hyperbole... at least I hope it's hyperbole
It certainly seems to be a Hyperbole.

Personally, whenever I think of a lowlife doing such an act on some honest, hard-working person's coveted private property, I think of how such a lowlife deserves to be skinned alive and have hot salted water slowly poured on, then being left out to dry on a muggy hot day. That's would be my hyperbole
Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by lexart
Really?

You're advocating taking someone's life over a broken car window and loss of some electronic gizmo?

In Iran, for stealing, they just take your arm, but here in the greatest democracy on the planet, we should take someone's life?

Really?
I suggest you cool off and relax. Have no doubt though that our liberal society allows for people acting this way far more than in the past.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I've spent a lot of time in the middle east. Trust me, they don't have that sort of crime because the punishment is severe.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:51 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I've spent a lot of time in the middle east. Trust me, they don't have that sort of crime because the punishment is severe.
I lived in Saudi for 8 yrs... may seem barbaric to us but it works for them.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM
lexart
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I thought. This wasn't a hyperbole . . .
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
I lived in Saudi for 8 yrs... may seem barbaric to us but it works for them.
Except for the women, oh and the Christians, or anyone who speaks out against the government and the Sharia court system, or...... But there are fewer smashed windows.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Let's be clear. I don't endorse their laws or way of life. I lived there as a Christian along with my mother and a sister so we know better than most what that means for all of 8 yrs. BTW, I never had a desire to smashed car windows nor steal while in their country.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I was getting the impression that some posters felt the justice system in the Middle East was admirable, at least in it's effectiveness. Glad to hear I was mistaken. BTW, I've only lived in this "liberal" country, and have never had a desire to smash car windows or steal either.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:23 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd still like to see the perp get his nads ripped off at the stem ...
Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

That sucks. Happened twice to me. Now I'm very paranoid about leaving anything showing anywhere. Once in a garage, understandable. Second time right in front of a busy restaurant. If someone can sell something quickly for $100, they don't care how much it costs you to fix your car.

Do you guys have window insurance? I do with Farmers. It bypasses my $1000 deductible and goes to the $100 window insurance deductible. Used it twice in one unlucky year and premium never effected it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Do you guys have window insurance? I do with Farmers. It bypasses my $1000 deductible and goes to the $100 window insurance deductible. Used it twice in one unlucky year and premium never effected it.
I always assumed that was just for windshields. Your's covers all glass? Maybe I should look into it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:31 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I always assumed that was just for windshields. Your's covers all glass? Maybe I should look into it.
All glass and I believe the window motors. First time it covered the left rear passenger window on our GL450, about $500 to replace. Second time was on it's driver's side window and the window regulator because the glass shards screwed it up, closer to $750 to replace.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=Mike in CA;9178827]
my wife manages accounting in the restaurant chain here in MA - they have constant shortage of people. no one wants to work, beleive you or not, in _this_ economy and we all hear all the time of 'unemployment', etc. total baloney! 'poor' folks do not want to work. they want to get government jobs, they want to get $60K annual salary for selling subway tickets in a warm booth. no one wants to do actual hard manual labor.

with middle east system they would be simply left to starve to death so they would have to work, scrub floors, clean toilets and flip burgers and i find that system much better as i know what when my time will come to rely on any support from any external entity i will get 0 - and because of that i do work hard all my life and rely on myself only.

i`ve lived in quite some countries and travelled on all continents except Antarctica so i would say – this liberal approach works only in countries where you do not have big mix of uneducated crime infested ghettos. Sweden can afford it, Switzerland can also afford that as they do not let anybody in who cannot earn their own keep. Germany and UK now are hit very hard with consequences of their stupidity as they did allow a lot of uneducated immigrants in and there are no jobs for them there.
But if you even up population income level wise and most of your people are employed - there is no need for extra cruelty. you can afford to be liberal as people do have values and something to loose.
But when you deal with family members of mexican drug cartels who infested all southern states, when you deal with mara salvatrutcha members who walk along riviera beach as they own it - you need even more than mid-eastern laws as you deal with barbaric culture that does not know and does not care of anything modern civilization is proud of. with same success you can go to Congo and start advocating for recycling programs to reduce 'carbon footprint' in the village where children are born an mass to be starved to death so only strongest would survive to guarantee survival of the clan. so nothing is as simple as it looks at a first glance in this world.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
my wife manages accounting in the restaurant chain here in MA - they have constant shortage of people. no one wants to work, beleive you or not, in _this_ economy and we all hear all the time of 'unemployment', etc. total baloney! 'poor' folks do not want to work. they want to get government jobs, they want to get $60K annual salary for selling subway tickets in a warm booth. no one wants to do actual hard manual labor.

with middle east system they would be simply left to starve to death so they would have to work, scrub floors, clean toilets and flip burgers and i find that system much better as i know what when my time will come to rely on any support from any external entity i will get 0 - and because of that i do work hard all my life and rely on myself only.

i`ve lived in quite some countries and travelled on all continents except Antarctica so i would say – this liberal approach works only in countries where you do not have big mix of uneducated crime infested ghettos. Sweden can afford it, Switzerland can also afford that as they do not let anybody in who cannot earn their own keep. Germany and UK now are hit very hard with consequences of their stupidity as they did allow a lot of uneducated immigrants in and there are no jobs for them there.
But if you even up population income level wise and most of your people are employed - there is no need for extra cruelty. you can afford to be liberal as people do have values and something to loose.
But when you deal with family members of mexican drug cartels who infested all southern states, when you deal with mara salvatrutcha members who walk along riviera beach as they own it - you need even more than mid-eastern laws as you deal with barbaric culture that does not know and does not care of anything modern civilization is proud of. with same success you can go to Congo and start advocating for recycling programs to reduce 'carbon footprint' in the village where children are born an mass to be starved to death so only strongest would survive to guarantee survival of the clan. so nothing is as simple as it looks at a first glance in this world.
Well stated!

Quick Reply: Driver's window smashed