Sponsored by:

My 2012 Carrera GTS Photos

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay H
In regards to the small clear floor mats, I would also recommend not using those simply from a safety aspect. Those mats can move and get caught on pedals and feet. I've had scary results from doing this years ago with these small mats...

However, I totally get the desire to preserve the factory mats. I'd suggest something like this as a quick protector in the event of rainy weather in your climate:

Lloyds Mats

Just over $40 is a safe way to protect your factory mats...

I have a set of these in my Cayenne, and I would discourage others from buying them. 1) They get very slick when wet, 2) they turn yellow with use, 3) liquid just rolls off them and onto the carpet, 4) they look cheapy not unlike a secretary's chair mat. Proper softish rubber all-weather mats are the way to go. Alternatively, in a non-snow climate, just treat carpet floor mats as wear items and replace them every few years.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts
Thumbs up

Very nice.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Jok
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the colour scheme.. (mine is white).

Why did you choose not to have central locking wheels?
Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Since I didn't have a preference for the appearance of center locking wheels, and since I've always liked the look of the classics, I chose not to take on the complexity of the center locks. That is, the need to buy special tools to be able to remove a wheel and the additional maintenace that is required of them. About 45 years ago, I owned a car that had "knock off wheels". These wheels had a three bladed "spinner" screwed to the hub. It was installed and removed by striking it with a lead hammer. The purpose of the lead hammer was to not damage the chrome plating on the spinner. The lead was soft and deformed rather than damage the chrome. These wheels were truly an improvement over wheels fastened with lugs. They were easy and quick to remove and replace. That is not the case with the Porsche center locks, at least not for the typical 911 purchaser. And unlike the knock offs which came with the lead hammer, the center locks do not come with the tools needed to remove or replace them properly.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Suncoast has a special on 997 mats right now. Very good prices starting at $39 a set of two. $59 for a set of 4.

Quick Reply: My 2012 Carrera GTS Photos