Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happiness is a state of mind

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:03 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 553 Posts

Nice post W00t. I'm on my 4th 911 and this is the best one. I really like this one the most. The others were fun, raw and a hoot but I couldn't live with them day to day. They were a blast but The a/c didn't work very well, they seemed fragile, and broke a little too easily. The 996 was better put together, but the 997.2 is a whole new level. It's totally daily live able but really a hoot at the same time.

I tend to change cars every 3-4 years. I am always antsy and your post seems to ask a good question as to why we are always looking for the next thing. Do I now need PTV and PDCC? I hadn't heard of that stuff 18 months ago.

I am leaning towards keeping this one for 5-6 more years. I may end up going to a 991GT3, but truth be told I'm not keen to go back to a 6speed. I do really like PDK.

I hope I can stay satisfied for a bit longer now. I'm 2 and a 1/4 years into this one and Im not really antsy yet.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 PM
mk85911
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 93 Posts

Very interesting discussion. By way of background, I have owned Porsches for 38 consecutive years of my 52 years of driving. A 914, three 911's and a 997.2. Early on, I turned cars over rather quickly, but when I could finally afford to order a new 85 Carrera the way I wanted it, I just settled in! I still have that Carrera. The only reason I decided to purchase a new 2011 Carrera was because I started to fear that my old Carrera might not last the rest of my life and I was very concerned that the evolving government regulations would move newer models in a direction I wanted no part of, so I ordered exactly what I wanted and that's it for the rest of my Porsche life.
BTW, I first began to follow this forum when I decided to purchase my 2011 and you posters were of immense value in assisting me with my option choices (PSE and full leather in particular).
2007 Audi A8

Quick Reply: Happiness is a state of mind