997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering this 997.2 cab...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011 | 06:22 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

I just checked today's currency exchange rate. They're asking nearly $124,000 USD for a 2 year old car that's going to be the 'past generation' car in 2 months when the 991s start showing up.

Yes, it is a drop-dead gorgeous car, but even as much as I like silver/red combinations in German cars, (that's a lotta red..), I'm not sure it's worth the asking price.

If you're serious, make them a ridiculous offer and see what they say.
Old 11-27-2011 | 06:49 PM
JonasJ
Instructor

Originally Posted by sfrank
Beautiful car....but....price is out of this world. Here's a brand new GTS in Pittsburgh. Not a Cab but 2 years newer.

http://www.auto-palace.com/ou/pittsb...orsche911/K058
sex
Old 11-27-2011 | 07:21 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Re Red hides...they are VERY RED! I like them alot but did you tire of them? Love them even more? Flash factor with other people?
I thought they were gorgeous and no, I didn't tire of them.

As for the price, I think prices in the states are moot. The MSRP on a C4S Cab is $130,000 CDN, so in exchange for accepting 700 km of someone else's driving, you're getting all the options. And they are a glorious set of options indeed. $20k CDN from the Exclusive list, but those are the ones that I personally would not order on a new car but always covet when I see them. Always desirable if someone else already paid for them. To get them on a car without writing a check for them is always a strong point. Then, it has another twenty or so in the very popular options like PCM and Sports Chrono. You're getting a $47,000 CDN discount on the car because somebody... well, God knows how somebody buys a car like that and it never sees the first thousand kilometers. And don't worry about the seals. The car is only 18 months old.

Personally, I think it's a find. If we can afford the tariff, why quibble about ten grand here or there when we're buying something like this?

Gary
Old 11-27-2011 | 08:01 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

This one is brand new and in the showroom.
http://white-allen.porschedealer.com...82137/info.php
Old 11-27-2011 | 09:12 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by simsgw
I thought they were gorgeous and no, I didn't tire of them.

As for the price, I think prices in the states are moot. The MSRP on a C4S Cab is $130,000 CDN, so in exchange for accepting 700 km of someone else's driving, you're getting all the options. And they are a glorious set of options indeed. $20k CDN from the Exclusive list, but those are the ones that I personally would not order on a new car but always covet when I see them. Always desirable if someone else already paid for them. To get them on a car without writing a check for them is always a strong point. Then, it has another twenty or so in the very popular options like PCM and Sports Chrono. You're getting a $47,000 CDN discount on the car because somebody... well, God knows how somebody buys a car like that and it never sees the first thousand kilometers. And don't worry about the seals. The car is only 18 months old.

Personally, I think it's a find. If we can afford the tariff, why quibble about ten grand here or there when we're buying something like this?

Gary
It's interesting. I agree Gary. These cars can have a very high level of esthetic value with their options. This one definately does. It was originally owned by a high net worth individual that owned 8 - 9 high end cars so never probably had time to drive it. The question on the miles? 734 Kilomters / 726.5 on the trip odometer. 458.8 miles. As for the new one in Ohio - no were near the options or esthetic value but nice never the less. I think a price of 115K would be a great deal. I like that the new 991s are just around the corner and the market should flood with 997s at good prices. And I actually like the big sexy but of the C4S cabs (in contrast to other remarking on the new 991 cab). Say - this is a private showroom - can this car get CPO'd? Extended warrenty?

Last edited by Zeus993; 11-28-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2011 | 09:46 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
It's interesting. I agree Gary. These cars can have a very high level of esthetic value with their options. This one definately does. It was originally owned by a high net worth individual that owned 8 - 9 high end cars so never probably had time to drive it. The question on the miles? 734 Kilomters / 726.5 on the trip odometer. 458.8 miles. As for the new one in Ohio - no were near the options or esthetic value but nice never the less. I think a price of 115K would be a great deal. I like that the new 991s are just around the corner and the market should flood with 997s at good prices. And I actually like the big sexy but of the C4S cabs (in contrast to other remarking on the new 991 cab). Say - this is a private showroom - can this car get CPO'd? Extended warrenty?
Certainly the latter, because it's still under the manufacturer's warranty so several good third-party companies would pick it up in a heartbeat. The factory CPO has to be issued by a dealer I believe, but a private showroom of cars like this has surely worked something out. The practical issue is the dealer having to go through a specific procedure to certify the car to PCNA. We think of it as certifying us, as buyers, that the car is good, but we come out of it with a warranty. PCNA comes out of it with the bill for all the repairs in five years. That's the point of course, but they make no money issuing a warranty on crap cars, so they expect the dealer to do a thorough job of spotting signs of abuse.

None of that should matter with this car. It just illustrates what is required. The car must be inspected by a dealer, and the CPO costs a couple of thousand that is normally rolled into the selling price. Since the dealer obviously is not selling the car, you or the actual seller will have to cover that amount. All that will either be straightforward if the dealers work with this place regularly or difficult if they resent his competition. Negotiable though. Everything's negotiable between people of good will.

Gary

Quick Reply: Considering this 997.2 cab...