Sponsored by:

Another 997.2 C2S Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:13 AM
chrcook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another 997.2 C2S Exhaust Question

First, I apologize in advance for another exhaust thread question. I know there are only about 100 out there, so here's 101...

I have a 2009 C2S Coupe (6-sp, sport suspension, sport seats, chrono) with about 15,000 miles on it. It's a daily driver, complete with snow tires in the winter (I live in MI) and kid seats in the back (Simpson mini-racing seats). I'd insert a picture, but that appears to be beyond my IT capabilities.

Like many I you, I find the exhaust not a little lacking. After driving a 2007 GT3 for about a week, I realized what I have been missing on sound and it finally pushed over the edge. It’s time for a change. Also, I don’t need an “on/off” switch like the PSE, loud all the time is OK.

So, I would like to hear from those of you who have made the change and get your thoughts. Options I’m considering are:
1) Center muffler by-pass with either AWE, Sharkwerk or Fabspeed (I’m little concerned this is still too quite as well as unsure about he cross-over vs. x-pipe argument & claims)
2) Secondary muffler by-pass, i.e.: the cans (Little concerned this may be too loud, but like the simplicity and weight savings)
3) Center muffler by-pass AND gundo hack (again, don’t need an on/off switch, so this is kinda like “PSE-on” full time
4) FVD “BROMBACHER” Street-Sport Muffler System (replaces both the primary and secondary mufflers with 2 smaller in-line mufflers; again, like the simplicity and weight savings but concern may be too loud)
I realize sound and noise are in the eyes of the beholder, so opinions based on experience with these options would be great. As a reference, I think a GT3 or GT3 RS is about right.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Since you didn't mention real PSE, then do #3, Sharkwerks for center muffler replacement and Gundo hack.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
CHV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09 S and did Sharkwerks bypass. Very happy w/ results. IMHO the stock is just too quiet, this isnt aftermarket loud, but closer to an 05-08S exhaust note.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 110 Posts

BTW nice car. What are those wheels?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gundo

Just did my Gundo Hack on Friday on 997.2.
No x-pipe. Same sound as I had on my 997.1 w PSE.
FANASTIC!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 438 Posts

I have 997.2 C4S and it has an AWE cross pipe and sounds great. No too loud as some of the others Fabspeed and others but better than stock which i agree is too quiet. Likely will add a AWE exhaust later on.. Had PSE on my previous car and it was nice too...ableit I always ran it with the PSE on so this time around will just forgot the whole on/off experience IF I decide to upgrade the side cans. Tubi also has a great sounding exhaust...but its expensive. As others will say listen to a bunch of cars with exhaust in person if you can then listen again as its very subjective. What others say sounds great is too loud and obnoxious to some and vice versa. GL
Old 11-14-2011, 03:28 AM
bosstucker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe those are O.Z. Alleggeritas, and they must be 18s? I don't think they come in 19s but I might be mistaken.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
chrcook
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the thoughts. Sounds like no compliants with the cross-over in combination with the Gundo. Before I pull the trigger, anyone out there try the Fabspeed secondary muffler by-pass (the side mufflers)?

The wheels are 18" OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT with Michelin Alpin snow tires. Those are my winter "sneakers". BTW, for those interested, the car does pretty good in the snow. Great rear traction, but need to watch out for understeer (as expected given the physics of the car).

Below is a pic with summer sneakers.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Another 997.2 C2S Exhaust Question