Sponsored by:

How to sell my 2007 C2 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
jegallup
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to sell my 2007 C2 coupe

I've had this car for 4½ years and it has 31,000 miles on it. For a variety of reasons, mostly because I don't have the opportunities to enjoy its capabilities, I'm thinking of unloading it in favor of something greener. It's kind of a stripper, Meteor gray with 19" wheels, 6-speed, Bose sound, heated seats, and maybe not of much interest to folks on this forum. KBB shows a private-sale value of about $46.3K and a trade-in value of $43.4K. It's got the original P-Zero Rosso tires on front and the second set of the same on the rear.

I'm not too crazy about turning it over to random strangers for test drives, and have never sold a car on craigslist, eBay or Auto Trader. I somehow don't imagine I'm going to get anything near what I imagine to be its real value in a trade-in on something cheaper.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on this. I live in San Diego.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Try carmax.

I just sold my 2008 997S and the offer they gave me (after less than 30 minutes of checking out the car) was very close to the lower end of private party on KBB. I didn't seel to Carmax and got about 5% more for the hassle but if you just want to cut ties and get out, might be worth checking out.

You might also call your dealer and see if they're interested.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 PM
equ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll venture a guess that realistic trade-in/private party numbers are a bit lower than those.. Perhaps 41 trade-in and 44-ish private party... (Not shopping myself just using wholesale numbers to help out)
Old 10-29-2011, 01:27 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Try carmax.

I just sold my 2008 997S and the offer they gave me (after less than 30 minutes of checking out the car) was very close to the lower end of private party on KBB. I didn't seel to Carmax and got about 5% more for the hassle but if you just want to cut ties and get out, might be worth checking out.

You might also call your dealer and see if they're interested.
+1. I have had a similar experience with CarMax, and have sold them two cars within the past year. In both cases, they offered me more than the dealer for trade-in... Sure, I left a few grand on the table versus a private party sale - but I had to put in all of 30 minutes to leave the car and keys and get a check...

-B
Old 10-29-2011, 09:17 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

+2 on Carmax. Eight weeks ago, I got $1,200 more from Carmax than the P-dealer offered me for my 2008 Honda Accord. Appraised one day, about 30 minutes, sold it to them the next day, about 20 minutes.

The only thing you invest is 30 minutes of your time. If you don't like the offer, you don't sell it to them.

Quick Reply: How to sell my 2007 C2 coupe