Sponsored by:

"Reduced Engine Power"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fahrer
Well, let's see after a number of them get to 60K miles.
As in: "5 year old car not as good as it was when new and some parts might need replacing" shock!

I completely agree that the HPFPs in the first year 2008-9 are/were dodgy but everyone knows to avoid year one of any release. And sorted by a global recall to dealer for quick swap.

But the desperation clearly felt by owners of pre 997.2 911s to unearth the "IMS" of the dfi engine is unedifying. Please let people enjoy their new cars. Heaven knows, they cost enough!!

Old 10-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Betternotbigger
As in: "5 year old car not as good as it was when new and some parts might need replacing" shock!

I completely agree that the HPFPs in the first year 2008-9 are/were dodgy but everyone knows to avoid year one of any release. And sorted by a global recall to dealer for quick swap.

But the desperation clearly felt by owners of pre 997.2 911s to unearth the "IMS" of the dfi engine is unedifying. Please let people enjoy their new cars. Heaven knows, they cost enough!!

DFI fuel systems have been around for many years and they still do not work as reliably as they should. Porsche is simply a late adopter. The DFI used by them is basically "off the shelf". By the way we are talking about rplacing som part in an older DFI engine. We are talking about removing the intake system to clean out the intake valve area of the head. This is no spark plug change.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fahrer
DFI fuel systems have been around for many years and they still do not work as reliably as they should. Porsche is simply a late adopter. The DFI used by them is basically "off the shelf". By the way we are talking about rplacing som part in an older DFI engine. We are talking about removing the intake system to clean out the intake valve area of the head. This is no spark plug change.
I agree it would be an expensive and time-consuming repair. But the 997.2 came out in 2008. It's nearly 2012. Not one single reported case of dfi coking of a 997.2 anywhere in the world.

Go and get some evidence and I'll happily review it. Until then, I'll enjoy my 408 undiminished horses.

Quick Reply: "Reduced Engine Power"