Sponsored by:

Questions on this 2005 CPO Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
SacTownGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on this 2005 CPO Cab

I have been focused on 996's but then this 2005 CPO came up down at Monterey Porsche. They have lowered the price a fair amount. I think they started at $51k. Anyway, now asking $40k. Seems like a decent asking price for a CPO with 53k miles. Not heavily loaded. Curious on thoughts on this car? Also, anything I should be on the lookout for different than I would on a 996? I guess a further, more complicated/personal question, that's about the same price as you can get an '04 C4S. Which is a "better" purchase? Thanks for any help you experts can provide.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
mp3moose
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a 996...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

what moose said

has 996 headlights....
Old 10-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I have been focused on 996's but then this 2005 CPO came up down at Monterey Porsche. They have lowered the price a fair amount. I think they started at $51k. Anyway, now asking $40k. Seems like a decent asking price for a CPO with 53k miles. Not heavily loaded. Curious on thoughts on this car? Also, anything I should be on the lookout for different than I would on a 996? I guess a further, more complicated/personal question, that's about the same price as you can get an '04 C4S. Which is a "better" purchase? Thanks for any help you experts can provide.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Decent asking price if you're the seller... I estimate the car's worth about $35K based on a reasonable depreciation curve and of course, always of course, provided the car is in as good a shape as it looks to be, runs well, drives well, has no major body/paint work, can pass a PPI which includes checking teh oil filter housing oil for scary bits and the DME readout shows no alarming overrev counts and so on.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
SacTownGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhhhhh, I thought 2005 was the crossover year between 996 and 997. I looked at the photos and couldn't figure out what was different from a 996. Good reason for that I learn! Thanks. Learn something new everyday.

Is the DME something most mechanics can run? The car is at the dealer so I obviously can't get the PPI done there.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Ohhhhhh, I thought 2005 was the crossover year between 996 and 997. I looked at the photos and couldn't figure out what was different from a 996. Good reason for that I learn! Thanks. Learn something new everyday.

Is the DME something most mechanics can run? The car is at the dealer so I obviously can't get the PPI done there.
The DME overrev readout is done as part of the CPO certification process, or should be.

Ask for a copy of the CPO paperwork for the car.

The saleman gave me a copy of the CPO paperwork for a car I was looking at and the paperwork listed some info about what warranty work (rattles) the car had done to it under the 1st owner's ownership of the car.

Also, I noted where the car had been sold, which dealers had worked on it, and called around to various dealers in this area (the car was a local (bay area) car) and managed to build up a pretty good list of services the car had had. The original owner had the car serviced reasonably well while he owned it which helped alleviate my concerns about the car.

So much so, and the fact the car was just a damn nice car and one I wanted, that I ended up buying the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Questions on this 2005 CPO Cab